Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of AUSTRALIA
-The capital city is Darwin.
- Northern Territory is a federal Australian territory in the centre and central northern regions. It shares borders with Western Australia to the west , South Australia to the south , and Queensland to the east.
- To the north, the territory is bordered by the Timor Sea, the Arafura Sea and the Gulf of Carpentaria.
- Its large area is over 1,349,129 square kilometres
- And it has population of 233,300.
- The British were the first Europeans to attempt to settle the coastal regions. After three failed attempts to establish a settlement , success was achieved in 1869 with the establishment of a settlement at Port Darwin.
Capital city: Adelaide
Population: 1 682 600
Area: 1 043 514 km2
Highest point: Mount Woodroffe
- Driest part of the Australia
- People are living under ground
Geographical features :
- Lake Torrens
- Lake gairdner
- Mount lofty flinders
- Nullabor plane
- Kati Thanela – Lake eyre
- Kangaroo island
New South Wales
Capital city: Sydney
Total Area: 809,444 km² (5th)
312,528 sq mi
Population: 7,500,600 (1st)
Density: 9.12/km² (3rd)
23.6 /sq mi
Highest point: Mount Kosciuszko
- Blue Mountains
-Dorrino National Park
- Bouddi National Park
widespread fungi: Witch's Butter
tree species: Red Gum Eucalyptus and Crow Ash
Area – 237 629(6th)
Population – 5 821 300 (2nd)
Capital city – Melbourne
Highest point – Mount Bogogne
• Murray river
• Great dividing ranges
• Victorian alpine areas
- Cooler and wether than other parts
- 70% of people live in Melbourne
- Employ about 34% of the national labour force
Largest city: Sydney
Cities: Melbourne, Hobart, Perth, Kalgoorlie, Adelaide, Brisbane, Darwin
Total area: 7,692,024 km2
Currency: Australian dollar (AUD)
Highest point : mount Kosczuszko
Lowest point : Eyre lake
-Australia is very sparsely populated: The UK has 248.25 persons per square kilometre, while Australia has only 2.66
- If you visited one new beach in Australia every day, it would take over 27 years to see them all.
-Australia is the only continent in the world without an active volcano.
53. 91% of the country is covered by native vegetation.
-Canberra was created in 1908 as a compromise when Sydney and Melbourne both wanted to be the capital city.
-Eucalyptus oil is highly flammable, meaning gum trees may explode if ignited, or in bushfires.
Capital city: Brisbane
Population: 4,708,500 (3rd)
Highest point: Mount Bartle Frere (1,622 m)
Nature: The Sunshine Coast and The Gold Coast,
Most popular beaches: The Bunya Mountains and The Great Dividing Range
Six World Heritage: listed preservation areas: The Gulf Country, Gondwana Rainforests of Australia, Fraser Island, Great Barrier Reef, Lamington National Park and The Wet Tropics of Queensland.
Two weather seasons: a "winter" period of rather warm temperatures, sultry summer period of hot
Capital city – Perth
Highest peak – Mount meharry
Area – 2 645 615 (1st)
Population – 2 565 600 (4th)
• 46% of Australias export
• 80% people in Perth
• Beautiful cliffs
- Great sandy desert
- Great Victoria desert
- Lake Mackay
state of Australia
-Tasmania is 200km from South of Australia
Population: 484 000 citizens
Capital city: Hobart
Area : 90,758 km² (7th)
Highest point: Mount Ossa (1,617m)
Floral: Tasmanian Blue Gum (Eucalyptus globulus)
Animal: Tasmanian devil (Sarcophilus harrisii)
Bird: Yellow Wattlebird
-40% of Tasmania is virgin nature
Bay of Fires
Mole Creek Karst National Park
Freycinet National Park
-sydney opera house
-sydney harbour bridge
-birdsville horse race
-great barrier reef