Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Paper Doll Self-portraits
Transcript of Paper Doll Self-portraits
The 1930s through the 1950s can perhaps claim the title "Golden Age of Paper Dolls," as their popularity during those years has never been equaled. During the Great Depression, paper toys could be afforded by all. celebrity You can make your own fashion details wardrobe There are many different ways to make a self-portrait – it doesn't have to be a traditional drawing or painting of your face. We will be making our self portraits into paper dolls.
What will your self-portrait say about you?
Making a self-portrait is a great way to express and explore your identity. It's not about what your parents, friends, teachers, brothers or sisters think you should be. • It's about who you think you are. Think of the things that make you what you are:
* the clothes you wear and the way you look
* the music you listen to and the music you make
* the words you write and the images you create
* what you've been through and how you feel now
* where you live and where you belong
* the things you love and the things you hate
* your passions, politics and beliefs
* your family and friends
* the things that make you laugh and the things that make you cry
* the places you like and the places you fear
* the people you admire and the people you trust
* the messages you write and the messages you receive
You might think that your bedroom, your clothes, your diary or even some of your favorite objects, photographs or documents say more about you than any mirror image could describe. Since the Renaissance, artists have used self-portraits to answer the basic question, Who am I?
A mirror or a photograph can tell a person what he or she looks like, but that outer image rarely reflects the whole self.
Self-portraiture asks artists to think carefully about personality, character, mood, and physical appearance in order to make decisions about how to represent themselves. Self Portraits a portrait of oneself done by oneself. How to make a self portrait Why do artists make self portraits? Ideas to get you started: In your self portrait you need to be the real you.