Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Giant Panda Conservation
Transcript of Giant Panda Conservation
Giant Panda (A. melanoleuca)
~1590 Left in the wild
- grouped as a carnivore
- 1 Extant spp.
- 3 Extinct spp.
- Habitat loss: large loss of bamboo
- Extremely low birth rates..
Sichuan: 50 % habitat lost 1974-1989
- Females breed once/year.
- Ovulate 2/3 days a year.
- 1/2 cubs.
Fragmented habitat does not help!
- 70% goes to
- Millions of $ spent on pandas every year.
Ex Situ VS In Situ
Conservation of genetic resources