Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Giant Panda Conservation
Transcript of Giant Panda Conservation
Giant Panda (A. melanoleuca)
~1590 Left in the wild
- grouped as a carnivore
- 1 Extant spp.
- 3 Extinct spp.
- Habitat loss: large loss of bamboo
- Extremely low birth rates..
Sichuan: 50 % habitat lost 1974-1989
- Females breed once/year.
- Ovulate 2/3 days a year.
- 1/2 cubs.
Fragmented habitat does not help!
- 70% goes to
- Millions of $ spent on pandas every year.
Ex Situ VS In Situ
Conservation of genetic resources