Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
extraction of brain lipids
Transcript of extraction of brain lipids
Vincent John C. Parreñas
Brain submerged in Ether
(non-polar, liquid stuff)
add acetone until clear
evaporated to dryness over steam bath
Soda lime test
Ammonium Molybdate Test
(polar, solid stuff)
pour hot ethanol until ppt is present
filtrate, your Decantate A
extracts ceramides, sphingomyelins, choline glycerophospholipids, ethanolamine glycerophospholipids and phosphatidylserines. Not all lipids are soluble in Ether, therefore separates polar and non polar lipids
acetone is used as solvent for glycophingolipids,
hot ethanol used as a solvent for glycosphingolipids; denatures proteins