Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
FOOTNOTE TO YOUTH
Transcript of FOOTNOTE TO YOUTH
FOOTNOTE TO YOUTH
by: Jose Garcia Villa
*Where: The setting is in a rural area where life is simple.
*When: It happen when sun was already setting in the west, after Dodong was done with his work.
Dodong is trying to think of a way on how to break the news about his plan of getting married to his parents. And when he finally did tell them, his parents approved of it, because they can't do nothing about it.
Teang gave birth to their first born son, named Blas. It was then when Dodong felt embarrased because he knew he is not yet ready to support his family.
Dodong and Teang starts to experience the hardships and complexities of being married at a very young age.
Blas, at the age of 18, wanted to marry Tona. Dodong did not object though he doesn't want Blas to marry yet, he even tried to make Blas think twice before rushing into marriage because he doesn't want Blas to end up like him.
Mercy and pity to Dodong
Footnote to the youth talks about the youth as of today. The story illustrates what a typical youth would be like, so as a result the author brings out each individual through describing them one by one in the story. Villa arranged the story logically instead of using foreshadowing or flashback.
- When Teang was about to give birth on their first son, we expect that Dodong will feel so happy, but the truth is Dodong felt regretful about it.
Man vs. Himself
It's easy to get married but we should know it comes along with big responsibility.
Marriage is someting to be taken seriously