Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Copy of Writing and Citing
Transcript of Copy of Writing and Citing
Three Simple Steps:
1. Read the Article
- annotations are not required, but are recommended.
2. Summarize the Article
In your own words, explain the main points of the article. Answer the question: what does the author want his/ her readers to know?
3. Answer the Essential Question
- make sure to cite the article at least once to support your opinion. Keep in mind, since you have an in-text citation, you will need a works cited page as well.
Week One Article
WEEK TWO ARTICLE LINK:
Each week, you will read an article of Mrs. Layne's choosing.
Once you have finished reading the article, you will write a summary over what you read.
SUMMARIES ARE DUE EACH WEDNESDAY!
On Thursday, you will then receive an essential question centered around the theme of the article. For homework, you will answer the essential question for the article and directly CITE the article at least once to support your opinion.
How can impaired,distracted, and tired driving affect safety in a car? What can teenagers do to ensure they always arrive at their destination safely?
WEEK TWO ESSENTIAL QUESTION:
In a culture where we are constantly bombarded by images of "what we should look like", how does one form an identity that is true to themselves?
WEEK FOUR ESSENTIAL QUESTION:
What is your opinion about the United States having the highest teen pregnancy rate in the industrialized world? What must be done to lower the teen pregnancy rate?
WEEK THREE ARTICLE:
WEEK THREE ESSENTIAL QUESTION:
Whose responsibility is it to make sure people, especially teens, are using the internet safely and effectively?
WEEK FIVE ARTICLE:
WEEK FIVE ESSENTIAL QUESTION:
In a world of constantly evolving technologies and digital medias, what can students do to ensure their emotional safety online?
What steps can you take to cope with or overcome cyberbullying?