Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Cold Urticaria
- The causes is not completely understood.
- Sensitive skin cells
- Faulty immune system
- Exposed to cold temperatures.
- Overly sensitive cells, viruses or illness or by inheriting the trait.
- Any parts of the body
- Any age group can get whether male or female. ~ few minutes to occur.
~ The red rash will become extremely itchy.
~ will get worse.
~The itching becomes painful.
~ developed at a young age.
~ Headaches, diarrhea & Chills
-fast heart beat
-swelling of the limbs
-drop in blood pressure.
-Hard time breathing
-Throat is swelling.
-Skin being exposed
. > Ice cude technique
> Tests *Avoid cold temperatures
* Sympathomimetic & aminophhyllin
*Cyproheptadine, doxepin and ketotifen.
* Hospitalized and treated.
* Applying cold water History: Investigators at the national institutes of health identify a genetic method. The study was lead by Joshua Milner.
* 185 most rare conditions.
* Affects hundreds of thousand of americans total.
* You can't eat or drink any thing cold.
* You have to swim in warm pools.
* Miss half the school year.
* Frost bit.
* Dangerous & Uncomfortable. References
Cold-Induced Urticaria [Photograph]. (2008, February 8). Retrieved from http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMicm072431
cold urticaria symptoms [Photograph]. (2010). Retrieved from http://www.health-reply.com/dermatitis-herpetiformis-picture/
8 cold drinks for your cooler [Photograph]. (2012). Retrieved from http://www.health.com/health/gallery/0,,20388773,00.html
puchsukahujan. (2011, July 26). Allergic Rhinitis & Cold Urticaria [Photograph]. Retrieved from http://puchsukahujan.wordpress.com/2011/07/26/allergic-rhinitis-cold-urticaria/
Will drugs cure your cold urticaria [Photograph]. (2011, June 30). Retrieved from http://urticaria.co/will-this-drug-cure-your-cold-urticaria Cold Urticaria Leah Fassnacht References
Cold Urticaria. (n.d.). Retrieved October 13, 2010, from http://www.africanmangos.org/blog/cold-urticaria-facts.htm
Cold Urticaria. (n.d.). Retrieved October 13, 2012, from http://www.niaid.nih.gov/news/newsrelease/2012/pages/DLAID.aspx
Cold Urticaria. (n.d.). Retrieved October 13, 2012, from http://www.dermnetnz.org/reactions/cold-urticaria.html
Cold Urticaria. (n.d.). Retrieved October 13, 2012, from http://iml.jou.ufl.edu/projects/spring05/bernfeld/introduction.html
Cold Urticaria. (n.d.). Retrieved October 13, 2012, from http://www.mayoclini.com/health/cold-urticaria/DS01160/DSECTION.html
Cold Urticaria. (n.d.). Retrieved October 13, 2012, from http://www.gaoa.org/content1101/5_suppl1s.full.pdf
Cold Urticaria. (n.d.). Retrieved October 13, 2012, from http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-cold-urticaria.htm
Cold Urticaria. (n.d.). Retrieved October 13, 2012, from http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa1102140#t=articlebackground
Cold Urticaria. (n.d.). Retrieved October 13, 2012, from http://www.nature.com/jidsp/journal/v6/n2/full/15640043a.html