Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Shakespeare's influence
The Elizabethan Era
Hyphenation & Blank Verse
* The seating.
* His work.
* His Influence.
* Language written as spoken.
* NO formalized prescriptive grammar.
* Grammar rules not standardized.
* Rapidly absorb of words from other languages.
* The Battle of Bosworth ended with
the Wars of Roses.
* Tudor Dinasty (1485 - 1603)
* Inspired national pride through
* Flowering of poetry, music & literature.
To connect or divide words with a hyphen.
Type of poetry distinguished by having a regular meter but not rhyme.
* The mastery words that he used.
* His ability to:
° Formulate new, popular words.
° Maintain and extensive vocabulary
* Kurlak , J. (2013, January 30). Shakespeare william. Retrieved from http://www.efficientcode.com/shakespeare/influence-on-language
1564 - 1616
* 123 help me!. (2013, February 27). Retrieved from http://www.123helpme.com/view.asp?id=78089
* Crystal, D. (2003). The cambridge encyclopedia of the english language. (2nd ed.). Cambridge University Press.
(1558 - 1603)
* 37 plays.
* 154 works.
* Introduced 29,066 words.
* Provides instances of how the language was developing.
* Contribute to the standarization
* Love is blind.
* Salad days.
* In my mind's eye.
* It's Greek to me.
* Play fast and loose