Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of The Galaxy
Collection of stars, gas and dust put together by gravity
4.3 light-years away
About 100 billion to 200 billion galaxies
What exactly is a galaxy?
there's no verification on what a galaxy
there are five or so stars a group and a hundred or more a cluster
Milky Way is a spiral galaxy
measures about 100,000 light-years
is thought to contain 200-400 billion stars.
Flat disk with a budging center
Like our galaxy The Milky Way
Has three components:
They are circular but stretch long
The world's largest galaxies are Elliptical
Contain many older stars
This contains many random shapes
Contains large amount of gas and dust
They account for only a small percentage of known galaxies