Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Suicide & Adolescent of Chuukese on Guam
Transcript of Suicide & Adolescent of Chuukese on Guam
Result & Discussion
Cause of Suicide:
Suicidal prevention Tip:
- speak up if your worried
(talk to the person about suicide)
- what is suicide? suicide is an action of killing oneself intentionally or a person who intend of taking his/her own life.
-Suicide is the fifth leading cause of death on Guam.
- widely recognized as a significant public health issue by the Guam Community
By: Joan Marar
- the results cumulative number and percentage of suicide deaths by ethnicity Guam for the period of 2000 - 2010. Death by suicide occurs most frequently among Chamorros, followed by Chuukese and those of Filipino or "other" ethnicity.
Cumulative suicide deaths by ethnicity on Guam, 2000- 2010
- based on this information, it would appear that suicide death risk on Guam is highest among Chuukese, Chamorros and Japanese. however, caution is needed when interpreting these data, as the absolute numbers, especially for Japanese, are small.
2008 = 56.5
2009 = 139.4
2010 = 165.04
- Chuuk has the highest rate in these following years
-Respond quickly in a crisis
(asking questions can help you assess the immediate risk for suicide)
- offer help and support
-get professional help
-follow up on treatments
-encourage positve life- style changes
- make a safety plan
- remove potential means of suicide
- continue your support over the long haul.
- Family Problems / personal problems
- Relationship damage
- ashame / upset
- sexual abuse
- low self-esteem
- Micronesian Islanders, particularly Chuukese, Chamorros and Japanese are signifcantly over-represented in suicide deaths and consitute critical target groups for suicide prevention. suicide deaths occur among males. in previous version, this likely reflects the difference in choices of suicide method, with a higer proportion of males preferring hanging. Chamorros and Micronesian islanders are most likely to think about suicide and make a plan to commit suicide, but micronesian islanders exhibit the highest to actually attempt suicide. this finding is consistent with data from DPHSS that identifies Micronesian islandsers, particularly Chuukese, at the highest risk for death by suicide.
Kinisou Japur, Maraming Salamat poh, Kalangahn,
Si Yu'us Ma' asi,