Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Architectural Value in Agile Projects – A Tale of Two Paths
Transcript of Architectural Value in Agile Projects – A Tale of Two Paths
A Tale of Two Paths
Agile PT - 21st June 2011
Will never deliver!
Case Study: MsLite Project
MsLite: centralized management of automated building devices (air conditioning, access control, lighting, etc)
Path #2: Maximizing value for the end user
Path #1: Minimizing implementation cost
acceptance test cases
Propagation Cost = number of architectural elements that will be affected by a change to a single element in the system.
50% user value
delivered in step 2
No user value
yet in step 2
14% more costly
Systematic methods and tools
for identifying alternative paths?
Analysis and Management of Architectural Dependencies in Iterative Release Planning
Enabling Agility Through Architecture
The Design Structure Matrix