Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Music: Affects on Society
Transcript of Music: Affects on Society
music these theories are not proven. Some rap music has been charactrerized by the presence of explicit sexual language in its lyrics as well as messages of violence, racism, homophobia and hatred towards women. Drugs, tobacco and alcohol use tend to be glorified in these songs. In conclusion, Rap and Heavy Metal music are the most contriversal types of music today. Sadly enough these types of music are blamed for the majority of society's problems, but in reality it is not the music that makes society engage in the violent crimes , but it is the individual and their mental state that commit these crimes. It is my belief that society need to take respoceability for their actions and deal with potientally unstable thoughts that they may may have or feel and seek help. Music is a great thearaputic tool if used in the proper way and can be a great healer of what ever stress, anxiety or negative feelings you may have. Music is a universal language that can bring people together and make people feel good about themselves. In order to understand music and the meaning behind the lyrics that you hear you really have to "LISTEN" to what is being said. "I never knew how to worship until I knew how to love." (Henry Ward Beecher) 1. Memorize the lyrics. The confidence monitor has become the worship leaders worst enemy. People want to see your eyes during a song.
2. Change up your schtick. If I say “Do You BELIEVE?!!!” more than once in a set, I’m being lazy. That’s my go to lazy worship leader line.
3. Stop asking if they are happy to be there this morning. Most of them aren’t.
4. Trim the prayer fat.I pray Father God, that Father God You show us Father God how amazing you are Father God in our Father God lives.
5. Stop praying the chorus or the title to the next song in the prayer before that song.“Show us You are Mighty To Save in this song God” I mean, I don’t tell you what I’m about to tell you before I tell you in real conversation.
6. Smile. Everyone likes your smiling face better than your emo face.
7. Remember that probably less than 50% people in that room connect to God through music. We exist in a culture where we place a large emphasis in our gatherings on music. I think that is fine. But always remember not everyone is gonna be with you. So don’t get mad.
8. Just because you wrote it and your friends love it, doesn’t mean you should sing it.Ask a friend of a friend to listen. Probably 10 of them. They won’t lie to you.Because even the friends who say they will be honest, they’re lying.There are fantastic songs out there that work already.Only bring the ones that can hang.
9. Open your eyes. See #1.
10. Keep It Simple. You aren’t on American Idol. Your job isn’t to sing TO the people and have them go “WOW”. You’re job is to get the people to SING with you to God.
11. Have fun. Laugh, dance, and sing. If you aren’t having fun, neither are they. 11 Ways To Make Your Worship Leading [Stink] Less Heavy Metal & Rap MUSIC:
Affects On Society Introduction Metal Music Music is an important and extremely useful tool in the way we learn and to deny its power is a waste of a truly wonderful resource. Though some would look at music as a small footnote in the progression of humanity, it is in fact a much greater force; for some, it defines their very existence. The fact is, music is a driving force in society; it has been present since the dawn of man. The average person spends several hours a day listening to music, weather they see is as a main activity or just as something to take up space in the background. It is not surprising then, that music has a great effect on how humans think and act, possibly even affecting intelligence. Several studies have been conducted on this theory; though some results are questionable, the consensus view seems to be that music has the capacity for both positive and negative effects. Heavy Metal music, a sub type of rock music with a particulaetal music lyrics evolved from a society which was very identified with drug use, changing sexual morals, the emphasis on strong sound, beat and personal style, has been controversial since its introduction to mainstream American culture. The first use of "Heavy Metal" is believed to be form the lyrics of a popular rock song in the late 1960's entitled "Born To Be Wild". The words and music were written by Mars Bonfire (1968), and the song was included on an album by the music group Steppenwolf that same year.
The phrase was quickly adopted by the rock music community to describe this genre of music which has come to be characterized by uncommonly strong electric guitar, bass and percussion amplification as well as vocals. The content of heavy metal social upheaval associated with the 1960's. The style and content of heavy metal music has continued to evolve over time into several other subsets but has remained more or less identified with these original themes. The most extreme of these subsets has been called, among other things, "acid rock" or "thrash metal," while other heavy metal groups and songs have literally crossed over to what is now often considered mainstream pop/rock music. Research on the phychological effects of heavy metal music seem to focus on displacement functions. Heavy Metal music preference involves mostly messages of rage. loneliness and cynicism. Heavy Metal music listeners engage in psychological alienation tendencies and possess poor social relationships. Recent research suggests that there are more female than male listeners. The general assumption is that heavy metal music listeners release or unload their pent-up fustrations into the loud and intense sounds which they subconsciously feel will help them cope with life demands and stress. Subjects who reported their music preference as heavy metal Did Not show higher anger-levels after listening to this music. Subjects with psychiatric disorders who preferred heavy metal music actually improved their negative affect after listening to the music. Heavy Metal Music - Generally listened to by thoes in adolescent years, is quite a mixed gender of music. Majority of people that listen to heavy metal music are well mannered, polite, hard working, intelligent people. People who listen to Heavy Metal will typically wear alot of black. Their T-shirts usually have a name of a metal band on it and their style is slightly worn. Hardcore metal fans wear tight jeans and tight shirts. They often have assorted piercings as well. When it comes to shoes metal heads wear black boots. Music is a powerful force in human society. Listening to certain music has been shown to improve mood, increase productivity, and even encourage intellectual growth. Music education can have an even greater effect. There is correlations between promiscuousor violent music and destructive behavior.
Though some of these correlations can be attributed to a previously troubled youth. Heavy Metal Music is not the cause of the problem reguarding peoples violent behavor. Often times the person was troubled before music could have been pinned as the primary cause. Sexual promiscuity and excessive profanity in modern rap music has been said to affect society's psyche. Sexually explicit lyrics and mounds of profanity exuberated through certain rap songs can have a negative effect on the thoughts and feelings of society. Thoes influenced by rap music typically wear extra-large T-shirts with a white undershirt. Rap connoisseurs sport baggy jeans and athletic shoes, either basketball or skating shoes. Rap fans tend to represent sport-related themes on their T-shirts, or just go with popular brand names. Rap music followers usually sport fitted baseball hats and leave the sticker on the bill with no flex. Rappers like to flaunt their bling, aka jewelry, as well. Conclusion Marilyn Manson Artists like shock rocker Marilyn Manson, were accused of the Columbine shooting that occured. In this video an interview was done with Manson and he was asked if he was to blame for 3 teens shooting and killing several class mates at Columbine.