Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Thurgood Marshall
by: Katie Baker
Thurgood was born on July 2, 1908
Brown vs Board of Edu.
He led the legal team that argued with the U.S Supreme Court. Thurgood won in the favor of integration schools.
The Real Deal
The president, John F. Kennedy, added him to the second Circuit Court of Appeals in the year 1961.
Murray vs Pearson
His first victory as a civil rights attorney. It was against the school he couldn't attend, University of MD. Thurgood challenged the segregation policy, meaning that black people couldn't attend the university. He successfully got rid of the policy.
Thurgood became the first black U.S solicitor general in 1965.
He won 14 of the 19 cases he took on.