Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
HOPS & SOAP
Transcript of HOPS & SOAP
Taking a history is getting all of the information you need to know about what is going on with the athlete and what has happened in the past
What does the injury look like? Make sure to compare both sides!
Touch the injury... Does it feel hot, swollen or deformed? Where is it point tender?
Special Tests are used to determine what exactly is injured. Usually they are done by manipulating a joint or ligament in some way.
What the athlete tells you relative
to the history or what they felt happen.
Information the athletic trainer gathers during the evaluation such as ROM, strength levels, patterns of pain and so on.
The athletic trainer's professional opinion about the injury based on information gathered during the subjective and objective part of the evaluation.
This is the plan for treatment. How will the injury be managed. Includes short and long term goals for treatment and rehabilitation.