Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Materials for Adults.
Transcript of Materials for Adults.
Do not use materials that probe them for "that one right answer" , that demotivates them.
Humanize the classes
Encourage students to forget to express complex ideas, explore the language and not be afraid of making mistakes.
Survival tools: Survival tools: Beginner's Spanish No entiendo = I don't understand Repite por favor = Repeat please
¿ Cómo se dice "book" en Español? = How do you say book in Spanish? ¡Mas despacio por favor! = Slow down please! Adopt teaching language approaches and approach the Spanish curriculum topics in a different way: How do I approach this? David Freemantle's (2001, Ch. 9) Seven Steps to stimulate your imagination: The 10+1 Commandments for Motivating L2 learners
1. Set a personal example with your own behavior.
2. Create a pleasant, relaxed atmosphere in the classroom.
3. Present the tasks properly
4. Develop a good relationship with the lerners.
5. Increase the learners' linguistic self-confidence.
6. Make the language classes interesting.
7. Promote learner autonomy.
8. Personalize the learning process.
9. Increase the learners' goal-orientedness.
10. Familiarize students with the target culture.
+1 Create a cohecisve learner group. 1. Create the conditions for imagination
2. Declare your aspiration
3. Stimulate your imagination
4. Select the image
5. Validate the image
6. Plan the practice
7. Undertake and "imaginative review" Encourage an atmosphere whereby people are relaxed and do not feel intimidated , pressurized and threatened. Introduce games at regular intervals to make the language classes fun, interesting and effortless. Scrabble It is a hugely succesful game worldwide, woth over 100 million sets being sold in 121 countries. Scrabble draws heavily on morphological knowledge, it is the most word-based game in the market. The autonomy to explore new words and their meanings. "Certain structures are acquired when learners are mentally ready for them" (Dulay et al., 1982) Never judge students on their initial performance /Contribution. However minimal it may appear Tutors:
Do not become obsessional overassessors, because you are interfering with the learners' motivation, and creating a negative learning environment. Be irrational Now and Again By doing something that does not comply with the norm, it will stimulate and surprise the group.
Offering a sweet or chocolate as a reward can stimulate learners to produce more. Or it simply serves the function of adding to the desired informality and fun element. Be informal and personalize the learner experience. Discussing likes and dislikes and food. This
can lead students to talk about their native cuisine, as the group was a multhietnic group. Be prepared to take risks Alfonsina Storni (Argentina: 1982-1938)
Alfosnina Storni fue lo que hoy llamamos una feminista, una mujer de ideas liberales que luchó contra los prejuicios y las convenciones sociales de su época por conseguir una mayor libertad para la mujer. Su poesía es a veces torturada e intelectual. En su poesía se reflejan la inquietud de su vida. Pensaba que la mujer, a pesar de ser igual que el hombre, vive en una especie de esclavitud con respecto a éste. Utiliza 5 adjetivos para describir la personalidad de Alfonsina Puedes inventar los adjectivos o extirparlos del texto. Exercise adapted from Jarvis et al., 1999: 76 Create a stimulating environment.
Develop skills in imagination and application: Imagination requires two skills:
First, the skill to create the fantasy and drag the pertinent image from it.
Second, the skill to bring the image to life. (Freemantle, 2001: 180) If the tutor is enjoying what he/she is doing that will inspire a motivational learning environment. Conclusion