Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Mindset
Mindset is an established set of attitudes held by someone.
There are TWO types of mindset...
give up easily
see effort as "fruitless" or worse
feel threatened by the success of others
persist in the face of setbacks
see effort as the path to mastery
learn from criticism
find lessons and inspiration in the success of others
You are who you are and you stay who you are.
You have the ability to change through the learning process.
DISCUSSION: Internal Monologue
1) Which student demonstrated characteristics of someone with a fixed mindset? Kim or Sabrina?
2) How can you relate? Tell your mentor or mentee about a time where your internal monologue was similar to Kim or Sabrina.
Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain
By Betty Edwards
The idea of growth mindset is that you can exercise your brain as you would your muscles. Just like your muscles, your brain can "grow".
Getting to Know Each Other!
[two truths & a lie]
[two lies & a truth]
is the ability to resist the temptation for an immediate reward and wait for a later reward.
Can you guess how long was the class was in days?
1) What is mindset? What are the two types?
2) Do we have physical limits to learning?
3) When you exercise your brain, what grows and makes connections?
4) What is delayed gratification?