Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
All you Need to know about France!
Transcript of All you Need to know about France!
Blue: vigilance, truth and loyalty, perseverance & justice
White: peace and honesty
Red: hardiness, bravery, strength & valour
The French Revolution inaugurated the French tricolor flag.
The French Flag is a worldwide symbol for freedom, brotherhood and equality.
The French flag is the official French pavilion since 1794. It was drawn by Jacques Louis David, famous French painter! The Flag Climate:
The weather in france is generally cold winters and warm summers, but mild winters and hot summers along the Mediterranean. The same as England really!
mostly flat plains or gently rolling hills in north and west; remainder is mountainous, especially Pyrenees in south, Alps in east. Some of the Natural Hazards are Flooding, avalanches, midwinter windstorms, drought, forest fires in the south near the Mediterranean, earthquakes.
Total area: 674,843 km2 Fontainebleau Forest and Castle is the number one most visted site in France! It comprises a massive 25 000 hectares of forest.
Disney Land Parris is also a very popular site in France, mainly because it is in the Capital of France, Paris! It gets roughly over 14 million visitors per year!
Flea Market - Saint-Ouen is The oldest covered market in Saint- Ouen has managed to keep its traditional atmosphere. 120 dealers offer; posters, old weaponry, bronzes, books, records and many more! Sites In France! The most common foods in france are Baguettes, steak and fries, Crème brûlée, Crepes, fruit tarts and blanquette of veal.
Popular Drinks include: Un Café - A small cup of coffee.
Le Vin - wine
Chocolat Chaud - Hot chocolate.
Upside-down Apple Tart
Banana Tarte Tatin
Strawberry Savarin Food And Drink! Sports in France play an important role in French society, and the country has a strong sporting history. The most popular sport in France is football, with 2,225,595 licensed players in 2009.
In the Olympics the French have won plenty of athletics and cycling medals, but their most successful Olympic sport is fencing!
Tennis is the second most popular sport in france, France holds the tennis Grand Slam tournament Roland Garros. Sport! 1. It’s illegal to name a pig Napoleon in France!
2. The Eiffel tower was originally intended to be dismantled and sold as scrap after its construction.
3. The population in France is about 65,436,552
4. Mont-Blanc is the highest peak in Europe
5. France has the highest number of ski resorts.
6. French toast and french fries aren’t French inventions.
7. In France it’s against the law to take pictures of police officers and police vehicles. Facts you may not know about France! Becky May 8A1 Climate and Terrain Mainland France is 2.27 times as big as the United Kingdom. In other terms, the area of UK is a little under half that of France.
Paris, Lyon, Marseille, Lille and Toulouse are the 5 main cities in France!
Lyon has a land area of 47.95 km2 and a population of 1,422,331. Lyon has many popular and famous attractions including Gite-Loutarde and Fourviere Hill!
Toulouse has a population of about 864,936 and a land area of roughly 118.3 km2! Toulouse also has lots of famous sites like Basilique Saint-Sernin and Place du Capitole! Main Cities and Size Compared to the UK Historically, agriculture was one of France's major industries. France is still a leading producer of wine.
Today the economy is much more industrialized. France industry produces cars, aerospace products, and other manufactured goods. It is also a major producer of chemical products. Fashion, textiles and tourism also play a significant role in the French ecomony. Major Industries