Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
DISCRIMINATION AGAINST POOR PEOPLE
Transcript of DISCRIMINATION AGAINST POOR PEOPLE
WHAT ARE HUMAN RIGHTS?
They are rights inherent to all human beings.
THE PENALIZATION OF POVERTY
Administrative and legal policy measures that seek to criminalize, penalize and segregate them because of their poverty.
4. You're driving and in a red traffic light a homeless person asks for financial assistance, you...
8. What's the first thought that comes to your mind when you see a poor person?
It is the act of prejudice against a person because they have certain set of characteristics and beliefs.
ACTION RESEARCH: Interview
1. Do you think that discrimination towards poor people is closely associated to insecurity?
Aim of project
What are human rights?
Human rights dimensions of poverty
The Penalization of poverty
Discrimination against poor people through videos and photos
The Poor People's Campaign
Behind bars for being young, poor and wearing a hat
DEFINITION OF DISCRIMINATION
AIM OF THE PROJECT
It is to raise awareness about the fact that poor people have been discriminated and socially excluded for centuries and that they are still not treated like human beings.
DIMENSIONS OF POVERTY
CIVIL AND POLITICAL RIGHTS
sleeping and bathing in public areas
THE POOR PEOPLE'S CAMPAIGN
It was a campaign to gain economic justice for poor people in the United States, organized by Martin Luther King Jr. and the Southern Christian Leadership Conference.
It demanded economic and human rights for poor Americans. It purpose was that all people should have what they need to live.
BEHIND BARS FOR BEING YOUNG, POOR AND WEARING A HAT
The "Marcha de la Gorra" or March of Hats took part on November 20, 2013, in Córdoba, Argentina.
People protested against police discrimination of poor, dark-skinned young people.
José María Luque, known as Bichi, has been detained many times for these reasons.
2. Do you believe that poor people lack work because...
3. What do you think about social plans in our country?
5. In the train a poor person sits next to you, you...
6. You are walking by the street and a poor person starts getting closer to you, you...
7. You are at home and someone rings the bell to ask for food, you...
9. Your job implies entering a shantytown, you...
10. You see a homeless man sleeping in the street, you...
11. What do you think about "Villa 31"?
12. Will you send one of your kids to a public school?
13. Someone steals in an unfinished construction, what do you think about it?
14. You are walking in the street and see a poor person with a latest model of mobile phone, you think that...
Discrimination against poor people is only preventing the poor from the access to available resources and services as well as silencing them and avoiding their participation. But we should all call for a change...
Poor people experience the violence of being excluded, of not existing for certain members of society, of not being part of the same world, of not even being treated like every human being.
IN THE PAST