Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
First Day of Art Class - Expectations & Procedures
Transcript of First Day of Art Class - Expectations & Procedures
Matrix Partners preso!
Harvard Business Review
How to lower the cost of enterprise sales?
Be on time & prepared for
Activities and Reminders
What I did over
What are they?
Keeps you safe,
Helps the classroom run smoothly,
Cell Phones /
These should be out of sight.
If I see it out, I will take it and it will be returned to you.....
-at the end of class
-end of school day
-pick up from office
* I will respect my peers, teacher, art and room
* I will be on time
* I will not be on my device during class
* I will use the tools safely and respectfully
* I will clean up after myself every day
* I will not leave class without permission
* I will put forth my best effort
Consequences can be negative OR positive!
to break the rules, there are
*If you finish a project early, it is expected that you work independently at your assigned seat.....
Double-check to make sure your table and surrounding areas are clean.
Help your table members clean up.
Sit quietly and wait to be dismissed.
1. Do you consider yourself a good artist?
2. What is your favorite type of art to create? (ex: paint, draw, printmaking, etc...)
3. What is one topic, project, or material you would like to learn about in this art class?
4. What art skill do you want to improve?
5. What is one thing you'd like me to know about you?
6. Finish this, "I would like a teacher who..."
You will be graded on your
effort, ability to follow directions, and understanding and application of techniques as well as elements and principles of art and design
If you are absent from class, it is your responsibility to come in and make up what you missed.
If you did not complete the project, it is your responsibility to ask for a pass to come in before/after school, during lunch or study hall.
To understand classroom rules and procedures in order to create a safe & fun art class!
* Look again: Is it your best work?
* Make sure your name and class period is on the backside.
* If you are using paint or glue, put your work on the drying rack.
If you finish a project
About Ms. Everetts
Green Bay, Wisconsin
I graduated from Green Bay East High School and attended UW-GB.
kayaking, biking, traveling being a mom :)
to inspire you and help you learn about yourself and the world around you through art.
1. Walk in quietly
2. Get out your art portfolio
3. Go to assigned seat
4. Read the daily learning target
opinions, feelings, space,
materials, and artwork.
Treat others how you
would like to be
I will give you respect
and expect to receive it
in return. When I'm teaching, your eyes should be on me, and voice volume at zero.
Give your best effort!!!
Also, you WILL NOT take home your art. Artwork will be stored in your art portfolios.
Please treat them as if they are your own. Use them appropriately and clean up when finished.
Be SAFE and Be
* Have a positive attitude and try your BEST
* Use the tools responsibly and appropriately
* Raise your hand if you have a question or comment
* ELECTRONIC DEVICES are not allowed without teacher request/permission.
Arts Process Journal
* You will all be keeping an "Arts Process Journal"
(notebook/sketchbook- PLEASE BRING ONE IN)
* You will be expected to store rubrics, take notes, sketch, respond to prompts through text and/or visuals, and explore!
*These journals will be a way for you to track your progress and development as an artist.
Student Planner &
Pencil is needed EVERYDAY !!!
You should respect:
While in art class, you will be expected to:
There will be a quiz on this material so pay attention!
rules and procedures important in art class?
On a piece of paper, write your NAME, HOUR, and DAY at the top........Please answer the following questions in complete sentences.
Say your name
Share one thing you did over summer.
to Art class with Ms. Everetts
the Green Bay Packers, traveling, skiing, reading, cooking and of course ART
coloring page, free draw, make a card for someone special, locker poster, manipulative shapes.
1st: verbal redirection
2nd: one-on-one conference with teacher in hallway to discuss solution.
3rd: -Major/Minor referral
-detention after school
YOU will make a phone call home to inform your parents of your poor choices in art class.
I enjoy calling home for positive behaviors
Agenda + ID = Bathroom
you are allowed 2 passes per school day
What does this look like?
Body in the classroom when the bell rings
Materials out at your seat
Sitting quietly -VOICE VOLUME ZERO
Read the learning target so that you are ready to learn :)
PENCIL, AGENDA, ID, and NOTEBOOK is required EVERYDAY!