Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
ECHO AND NARCISSUS
Transcript of ECHO AND NARCISSUS
Narcissus's mother being Liriope
Liriope= "face of the narcissus" nymph
father: Cephissus river God
A creation myth
A mountain nymph often talked to her majesty
after covering for wacky Zues, Echo is forced to "ECHO"
She runs into the forest only to meet prancing young lad named Narcissus.
Narcissus rejects Echo.
Echo runs off into a cave for so long that her body shuts down. However her voice lives on.
Narcissus, for what he did to Echo and all the other fine lads and lass, has a curse cast upong him.
This curse leads to pool of water, in which he meets his one true love...
body dies, and up shoots a Narcissus flower
"The Metamorphosis of Narcissus"
Relief of nymph Echo in the Parc del Laberint d'horta in Barcelona
AN ECHO A STAIN
Any involuntary manic pixie dream girl
The typical masculine ego, which puts himself before anyone else.
Echo: Scores high on being a lover and joker! but low on destroyer and hero
Narcissus: Scores high on destroyer and lover (but in a different way than Echo)! And scores low on orphan and caregiver :(
The Recognition of Shakuntala