Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
week of February 24-28
Transcript of week of February 24-28
February 24, 2014
What went well?
What was the biggest challenge?
Quote of the day 2-26-14
Cry the Beloved Country
Read chapter 27 and 28
Quote of the Day 2-27-14
“If you always put a limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.”
CTBC Quiz ch. 27-28
Quote of the day 2-28-14
"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying 'I will try again tomorrow'"
Mary Anne Radmacher
Today's learning target:
I can answer text dependent questions after reading a chapter from a novel.
Text Dependent Questions
1. What is the author's tone towards the marriage of Absalom and the girl, at the beginning of this chapter?
week of February 24-28
"When you think you're ready to give up, think of the reason you were holding on for so long."
ch. 26 questions:
1. Why do the police think John kumalo is a dangerous man?
2. What is John Kumalo asking for?
3. What do the police think should be done with John Kumalo? What evidence in the book tells you this (quote and page #)?
4. What is John Kumalo's true motivation behind thsi public speaking? How do you know? Give evidence from the book (quote and Page #)
5. What is the end result of the strike?
6. explain the last line of the chapter, "Nothing is ever quiet, except for fools"
1. What is Mrs. Lithbe warning Gertrude to stop doing, at the beginning of chapter 27?
2. Why are the women afraid that the headline in the news paper has come at a bad time?
3. What does Gertrude tell the girl, she is planning to do about her problem?
4. What is the judge's verdict at the end of the trial?
5. How is Absalom Kumalo sentenced?
Read chapter 29 p. 238
Read chapter 29
2. Why do you think the girl marries Absalom?
3. Why does Stephen Kumalo lie to his brother John?
4. What did Kumalo really want to tell his brother John, before he left?
5. What is Msimangu going to do with his life now (p. 248)?
6. Why does Gertrude leave?