Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Twitter Marketing Week 3
Transcript of Twitter Marketing Week 3
- The Open API
- Creating Content (good stuff!)
Understanding the API
Widgets for Web
Twitter is built on open source software, from the back-end to the front-end. Twitter engineers use, contribute to and release a lot of open source software. We of the Twitter Open Source Program Office support a variety of open source organizations and are grateful to the open source community for their contributions, and want to maintain our healthy, reciprocal relationship.
If you have questions or problems, please tweet us at @twitteross. For media inquiries, please go here.
Twitter is built with Ruby on Rails
Java Servers to resolve downtime issues
Twitter is Open Source
Adding a Twitter Button to the Web: https://twitter.com/about/resources/buttons#tweet
Embed Twitter Feed or Button
Who's talking to/about you?
What's your Reach? How many people say/could have seen your tweet?
What is the tone of the conversation?
: Strength in numbers
How many times do you reply to a person? Is it a one-off mention or a longer chat?
Making the Twitter Business Case
Successful Brands on Twitter
Replies over RTs
- Think about how you would talk to someone IRL (in real life). if a RT is like a "high-five", what is a good conversation starter?
Thanks and praise
Links to more information
Requests for more information
Klout and Kred
TORONTO INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL
Well Wishes and thanks
Starbucks - One Person with a big brand
Helpful to source with initials
A Person - A brand
Hosting A Twitter Contest
Contests and sweepstakes on Twitter may offer prizes for:
Tweeting a particular update: "Tell us what Timeraiser Means to You"
For following a particular user: "Follow us to enter"
For posting updates with a specific hashtag.:
RT to WIN = NO FUN
- Ask Twitter Users to exhibit good behavior (don't create multiple accounts, posting the same tweet multiple times).
- Follow all applicable local laws
- Don't be irritating
- consider using #contest or #win (not both)
- Use "First to Respond" Contest approaches
- Use Trivia that forces the user to check your Facebook page or Website
- Select a random winner from everyone who used the Hashtag or @mention
- Remind users they need to follow you to be DM'd if they win
Klout = how likely is it that your content will be commented on? (RT'd, replied to, reshared)
Free Monitoring Tools
Why measuring matters
The investment of dollars is low
Immediate customer reactions
Measuring Sentiment for a "true response" to your product/service
Lots of time investment, low dollar investment, immediate resturn on investment!
Where do you find your weather news?
The balance of building followers
Consider what your strategy will be with follower/following count
Imbalanced following count often gets flagged as spam or an inauthentic use of the space
Why did you pick the header you did? Have you noticed any impact? - Metrics will help!