Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Monologues
What is a monologue?
A monologue is a speech given by a single character.
What is the purpose of a monologue?
A monologue can be used to express a character's mental thoughts (soliloquy).
What does a monologue look and sound like?
Monologues are typically a paragraph (or more) in length.
It can also be used to give information to another character or the audience.
They can be comedic or tragic.
The actor can be alone onstage talking to the audience or addressing a group of people.
Find a monologue for performance
From a published work
plays, movies, tv shows, books, etc.
45 seconds to 1 minute 30 seconds (10-15 sentences depending on length)
Appropriate for class
Your final performance will be memorized.