Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
HCT Case Study (ERP System)
Transcript of HCT Case Study (ERP System)
More than 23,000 students
17 campuses across UAE
Staff around 2000
HCT Enterprise Systems
HCT’s Banner Framework
SunGard “Ellucian” is a leader of the Higher Education ERP.
Support higher education goals to work more efficiently.
Building the right foundation for the institution.
All universities @UAE
HCT Enterprise Systems - Packaged
Overview Enterprise system
Bprod oracle database 11.2
Exatat database - RAC
Students & Staff
Enterprise Support Team
College End users
Banner 8.x Module
Human Resources: 8.9
No critical issues faced.
Many script was
Advantage & disadvantage
Main vender analysis
Student Module 38.6%
HR module 26.6%.
finance module 28.4%
advancement module -> second implanted -> 20.8%.
Stay as they are and upgrade the latest version of the banner
HCT – Largest Higher Education institute in UAE.
HCT Statement is “Learning By Doing”
Future requirement, Could Computing
“Community Cloud ”
Failed to Upgrade
New Full Upgrade with Baseline
Many system to be integrated
End user resistance
Integrated data between different modules.
faster processes .
Go Green strategy .
Process is customized based in HCT needs.
Support decision making.
Maintained and support cost is high (500,000 AED)
Upgrade process require effort
Susan Grajek, The 2011 Enterprise Application Market in Higher Education, june 2012 http://net.educause.edu/ir/library/pdf/ers1206/ers1206.pdf
Buy new full ERP system
with all required modules.
Buy different modules and intergrade them each other to centralized all data.
Technology use in ERP system
HCT Enterprise Systems
Banner Advantage & disadvantage
1. Grajek, S. (2012, June 1). The 2011 Enterprise Application Market in Higher Education. Retrieved from http://net.educause.edu/ir/library/pdf/ers1206/ers1206.pdf
2. Manoj Sam . email@example.com. ERP system . 13, Nov 2014.
3. Sabeena KM. firstname.lastname@example.org. ERP system . 13, Nov 2014.
4. Khalid Tariq. email@example.com. Questions about banner for master project. 13, Nov 2014.
5. Panorama Consulting Solutions (2013). Clash of the Titans 2014. [ONLINE] Available at: http://go.panorama-consulting.com/rs/panoramaconsulting/images/Clash-of-the-Titans-2014.pdf?mkt_tok=3RkMMJWWfF9wsRonva3LZKXonjHpfsX56ewoWaewlMI%2F0ER3fOvrPUfGjI4AS8JkI%2BSLDwEYGJlv6SgFTLDGMbVqwrgMWxY%3D. [last Accessed 2013].
6. SABAU, G., MUNTEN, M., BOLOGA, A., BOLOGA, R., & SURCEL, T. (2009, November 8). An Evaluation Framework for Higher Education ERP Systems. Retrieved from http://www.wseas.us/e-library/transactions/computers/2009/29-795.pdf
7. Tariq, K. (2011). CASE STUDY Higher Education, Higher Colleges of Technology. Retrieved from http://www.perceptivesoftware.com/content/dam/psw/www-perceptivesoftware-com/pdfs/psi_he_highercolleges-of-technology_dub.pdf.
8. Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) System. (n.d.). Retrieved November 20, 2014, from http://www.ellucian.com/higher-education-erp/