Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Copy of Hinulugang Taktak National Park
Transcript of Copy of Hinulugang Taktak National Park
PART IV. SITE ANALYSIS
PART V. SWOT ANALYSIS
PART VIII. REFERENCES
PART II. LOCATION
PART III. NATURAL RESOURCES
PART VI. RECOMMENDATIONS
PART VII. CONCLUSION
Hinulugang taktak is a famous attraction in the city of Antipolo. It was declared a National Park by the Department of Environment and Natural Resources and is one of the two most popular tourist spots in Antipolo City. After visiting the place, our group was astonished to the preserved beauty of nature. Hinulugang taktak is a place for relaxation and for people who want to have a picnic. The history of Hinulugang taktak is as rich and colorful as Antipolo. When our group went to Hinulugang taktak, we were dismayed of what we saw. There were a lot of plastics littered on the ground and on the stream beside the picnic tables. The caretaker that we interviewed said that Hinlugang taktak was very different back then. He said that the place was very clean and there were a lot of women washing their clothes in the falls. The main strength of the place was that it has a very good ambiance. We were encouraged to develop Hinulugang taktak because we don’t want that a historical place like that would be forgotten. Developing Hinulugang taktak would not only help create jobs for the local residents but it will also help attract more tourists to our country. Renovation is considered necessary to make the location more attractive and presentable to all the tourists that will come to the place.
A. HISTORICAL BACKGOUND
The history of Hinulugang Talktak is as rich and colourful as that of Antipolo itself. Legend has it that sometime during the 16th century, the townsfolk of Antipolo were bothered by a church bell that produced harsh, unbearably loud sounds when rung during Angelus. They demanded that the local priest get rid of the bell. Bowing down to the clamour, the priest had it dropped in a nearby river. This explains the name, “Hinulugang Taktak” which means ‘where the bell was dropped’. As Antipolo became a religious site, the waterfalls also become a prominent destination for bathing and sightseeing. In the 1980s, it was declared a National Park by the government.
B. ORGANIZATIONAL PRINCIPLE
PAWB envisions a perpetual existence of biological and physical diversities in a system of protected areas and other important biological components of the environment managed by a well-informed and empowered citizenry for the sustainable use and enjoyment of present and future generations.
- Establishment, management and development of the National Integrated Protected Areas System
- Conservation of wildlife resources
- Nature conservation information and education
• GOAL AND OBJECTIVES
Our goal is to develop Hinulugang Taktak. We want to conserve the natural beauty of the place, to create more jobs for the residents and to help our economy and to attract more tourists and guests because of the improved place.
A. CHOICE OF LOCATION
ENTRANCE FEE: PHP20
B. MARKET COMPETITIVES
• We chose to develop “Hinulungang Taktak” because we can see that the capability of the place will improve after the development and it will encourage more local and international tourists to visit it.
• “Hinulungang Taktak” has a potential to become one of the most beautiful falls in the world.
• “Hinulungang Taktak” became one of The 7 Wonder-Falls in the Philippines last 2009 and that’s why we are encouraged to develop the place.
C. ECONOMIC VALUE OF TOURISM
• “Hinulugang Taktak” helps the residence in Antipolo first because the water and second is because of the tourist who visits there.
• Most of the employee who works their lives at Antipolo and that helps them when it comes to work.
• It helps the people businesses who live near the place because of the tourist who visits there every day and even the tricycle drivers because of them.
A. CLIMATE / WEATHER
A. INFRASTRUCTURE / ACCESSIBILITY
By car Antipolo around 25km away from Manila and about one hour drive. You have to follow the route of the jeepneys From SM City North EDSA, drive towards Quezon Memorial Circle, right on Commonwealth Avenue but take the road going to UP and right at the first corner going to Kalayaan. You are going to pass by Ateneo de Manila, drive under theKalayaan flyover to turn right on Aurora Boulevard, make a U-turn and drive straight on Marcos Highway until you see Masinag Market where you can turn right. It is already Sumulong Highway. Drive straight until you see the intersection with direction signs leading to Hinulugang Taktak.
By train The LRT-2 line will take you from Recto to Santolan Station (FARE:PHP15 ; TRAVEL TIME:25mins). From there you can catch a jeepney (FARE:PHP20 ; TRAVEL TIME:30mins) or an FX (FARE:PHP40 ; TRAVEL TIME:23mins) that will take you to the Town Proper then you will ride a tricycle going to Hinulugang Taktak (FARE:PHP10 each ; TRAVEL TIME:2mins)
• Quite Surroundings
• Lots of trees
• Relaxing ambiance
• Perfect place for picnics
• A lot of trash beside the falls.
• Many stray dogs
• No parking space
• The sari-sari store only opens during summer
• A lot of unused spaces
• Many disorganized equipments
• Clogged sewages
• Broken umbrella cottages
• No souvenir shop
• No other attractions/activities
A. SUGGESTED / PROPOSED ADDITIONAL CONSTRUCTIONS / DEVELOPMENTS OF FACILITIES WITHIN THE AREA
• Add more employees
• Build a souvenir shop
• Add more picnic tables and cottages
• Put rails on the stairs
• Build a parking space
• Rock climbing
• Zip line
• Butterfly garden
B. SUGGESTED / PROPOSED IMPROVEMENTS ON EXISTING FACILITIES
• Train employees
• More advertisement to promote the park
• Add more security guards
• Clean restroom
• Additional shower rooms
• Clean the pool
• Replace umbrella tables with new ones
• Fix picnic tables
• Fix the benches at the meditation area
B. ADVANTAGES / DISADVANTAGES TABLE OF ALL PROPOSED DEVELOPMENTS AND IMPROVEMENTS IN TERMS OF: ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT; SOCIO-CULTURAL; ECONOMIC
Based on Jim Harvey's speech structures
C. DETERMINING FACTORS
• AMENITIES / FACILITIES
- SARI-SARI STORE
• SECTOR MANAGEMENT
LAWS AND REGULATIONS
D. DESTINATION STATUS
• REJUVINATION STAGE
E. SOURCE OF MARKET
• EXISTING MARKET
o LOCAL RESIDENTS
• POTENTIAL TARGET MARKET
o LOCAL TOURISTS
By jeep or FX taxi Antipolo is accessible by jeepney or FX taxi, with terminals in Metro Manila including one in Araneta Center Cubao, on Valero Street behind RCBC Plaza in Makati, and in Crossings Department Store in Shangri-la Plaza. There are also direct daily jeepneys between MRT Shaw (EDSA Central) and Antipolo (PHP26).
Due to the fact that many people commute to work, there are direct connections between Ayala (Makati) and Antipolo during the week. On weekends, one has to take an FX to Tikling (PHP45) and change there in a jeep to Antipolo (PHP10).
With over 8000 tricycles in the Town Proper alone, you will have no problem looking for a ride to nearby destinations. Places along the main roads are accessible by jeepney. It is advisable to travel by car.
B. TOURISM FACILITIES
• Antipolo Cathedral
• Boso Boso Church
• Pinto Art Museum
• Marikina River Park
• Luljetta's Hanging Gardens and Spa
• Our Lady of Antipolo Shrine
• Mystical Cave
• Wensha Spa
• Phillip's Sanctuary
• The Our Lady of Antipolo
• Our Lady of Peace and Good Voyage
• PACEM Eco-Park
• Local government, DENR agreed to manage the area and work for its rehabilitation for three years. The two agencies then announced plans to pool P100 million for the task. City Hall and the DENR then pledged P30 million each for the effort. Now they have renovated swimming pool, newly-built toilets and a souvenir shop as the new changes.
• Too many trashes that can cause different kinds of sickness
• The stairs sometimes is slippery especially when it’s rainy season.
• The swimming pool area doesn’t have life guards who surround the pool
• Lack emergency kits and equipments
C. PROPOSED SOLUTIONS ON THE IDENTIFIED WEAKNESSES AND THREATS CURRENTLY FACED BY THE DESTINATION
A. EVALUATION / SUMMARY OF GATHERED INFORMATION