Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
How to protect your privacy online
Transcript of How to protect your privacy online
How to protect your privacy
How to protect your social media: Twitter
How to protect your social media: Instagram
How to protect your social media: Facebook
What is online privacy?
Internet privacy (n.)
involves the right or mandate of personal privacy concerning the displaying of information pertaining to oneself via the Internet
Why we should
care about online privacy
Dangers of invasion of
More susceptible to...
Basics of protecting online
1) Do not reveal personal information
2)Turn on cookie notices
3) Keep sensitive files on personal computers and not public networks
4) Do not reply to spammers
5) Never save passwords in your cache
1) Read the website's fine print
2) Keep your full name &
address to yourself
3) Use caution when clicking
4) Remember to log out!
Go to settings and set your tweets to protected so that only people you choose are able to follow you and see your tweets
Unprotected allows anyone to see all of your personal tweets, your favorites, and any retweets
Go to edit profile and set your posts to private so that only people you choose are able to follow you and see your pictures
Public pictures allow anyone on the Internet to see all of photos, and which photos you have liked
Go to settings and set your info so that only friends can look you up by your e-mail or by phone number
While social media may be an interesting way to pass time one must be very careful with sharing their personal information online.
Keep your personal profiles private, remember to log off, and beware of unusual links.
Epipeheo. "Why care about Internet privacy." Online video clip.
. Youtube, 9 Jun.
2013. Web. 2 Dec. 2013.
Johnson, Dave. "The biggest online privacy risks for 2013."
. 19 Apr. 2013. Web.
2 Dec. 2013. <http://www.cbsnews.com/news/the-biggest-online-privacy-risks-for-2013/>.
McCandlish, Stanton. "EFF's Top 12 Ways to Protect your Online Privacy."
. 9 Apr. 2002. Web. 2 Dec. 2013.
"Protecting your Privacy on Social Media Networks." Norton. n.d. Web 2 Dec. 2013.
"11 tips for social networking safety." Microsoft. n.d. Web. 2 Dec. 2013.
1) Basics of protecting online privacy
2) Learn the dangers of not protecting your privacy online
3) How to protect your privacy on popular social media