Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
The Cell Cycle:
Transcript of The Cell Cycle:
The Life of a Cell
- the different stages of the life cycle of a cell from creation to reproduction.
- the organized structures that DNA is formed into before being copied.
Mitosis and the Cell Cycle
More About Cytokinesis
In animal cells and other eukaryotes without a cell wall cytokinesis begins at the cell membrane by pinching in.
In plant, algae, and fungi cells that have a cell wall a
forms in the middle of the cell and becomes the new cell membranes that will separate the two new cells.
Eukaryotic Cells and Their DNA
Eukaryotic cells are much larger and more complex than prokarotes. Because of this the eukaryotic cells have more DNA. This makes copying itself much more difficult so the DNA is organized into chromosomes. Different species have different numbers of chromosomes. These chromosomes line up in pairs of similar chromosomes.
- pairs of similar chromosomes.
Making More Eukaryotic Cells
There are three stages to the cell cycle.
the cell grows and copies it's organelles and chromosomes.
- once the chromosomes are copied each individual copy is called a
- the two chromatids are held together at the
the cell goes through
is the complicated process of chromosome separation. It has four phases.
the cell divides to form two cells.
In this section we will discuss the life cycle of a cell, also known as the celll cycle
Making More Prokaryotic Cells
Bacteria, or prokaryotes, are very simple cells because they don't have membrane bound organelles. They have ribosomes and one large circular strand of DNA. To reproduce they just copy this strand of DNA and split.
- means to split into two parts.