Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Betsy vs Katrina Justin Irwin
Transcript of Betsy vs Katrina Justin Irwin
How Betsy and Katrina are similar
Hurricane Katrina was one of the deadliest hurricanes of US history. It caused 1,883 deaths. It lasted from August23, 2005- August 30, 2005. It costed almost $100 billion in damage. Katrina affected Louisiana, Ontario, Georgia, Mississippi, New Orleans, and other places.
Hurricane Betsy was a tropical disturbance photographed by the TIROS weather satellite. Betsy hit the Windward Islands, Florida Keys, Louisiana, Bahamas, Florida, and Southern United States. Betsy costed $1 billion in damage.
Betsy and Katrina were both Category 5 hurricanes. To the left is Katrina and to the right is Betsy.
1,833 died in Katrina. 1,557 died in Louisiana and 276 in Mississippi. 75 people in Louisiana died in Betsy.
Cost of the storms
Katrina costed about $100 billion in damage. Betsy costed an estimated $1 billion in damage.