Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Teaching English by using grammar Translation Method
Transcript of Teaching English by using grammar Translation Method
Class/semester : IX / 1
Time duration : 2 x 45 minutes
Skill : Grammar LESSON AIMS Standard competency: Competency Achievement Indicators The activity in the classroom: The goal: Translation Thank you for your attention 1. Students will recognize the differences between the passive voice and active voice with particular attention paid to the sentences
2. Students will deductively review passive form structures.
3. Students will focus on translation skills in the context of translating the text Students are able to translate from target language to their mother tongue and state the meaning of the text that contains passive voice. • Asking the students their previous knowledge about passive voice
• Students are able to create and identify each part of sentences ( S + V + O ).
• Students are able to create sentence in every sentences in passive voice. In the end of study:
• Students can understand the pattern, and able to create the passive form sentences.
Before learning process:
1. Pray and Greeting
2. Give the students the simple pra-test about passive voice. • To know student understanding, ask them to translate the text that contain passive voice.
• Ask them to underline the sentence in passive form GROUP 6
Arinal Haqqiyah Ahmad
Zatul Himmi The Lesson Plan Presented by Group 6 Arinal Haqqiyah Ahmad
Zatul Himmy Teaching English by using Grammar Translation Method •It is to measure their competency before they are being taught.
1. Teacher divided students into several groups.
2. Teacher explain the topic in front of the class.
3. Teacher taught the student deductively, from general to specific.
4. Teacher will ask question to student and ask them to create sentences from the pattern given and ask them to translate the sentences
5. Give chance to students to ask. Main activity This is the material about Passive Voice Active: S + V + O
My father planted this tree last year.
Passive: S + Be + V3+ by + O
This tree was planted by my father last year. PASSIVE VOICE The Simple Present Tense
Active: S + V (s/es) + O
Ex: He reads books every day.
Passive: S + am/is/are + V3 + by + O
Ex: Books are read (by him) every day. TABLE OF ENGLISH TENSES IN PASSIVE VOICE The Present Continuous Tense
Active: S + am/is/are + V-ing + O
Ex: He is writing a novel at the moment.
Passive: S + am/is/are + being +V3 + by + O
Ex: A novel is being written (by him) at the moment. TABLE OF ENGLISH TENSES IN PASSIVE VOICE The Present Perfect Tense
Active: S + Has/Have + V3 + O
Ex: He has just finished a novel.
Passive: S + has/have + been +V3 + by + O
Ex: A novel has just been finished (by him) TABLE OF ENGLISH TENSES IN PASSIVE VOICE The Simple Past Tense
Active: S + V2 + O
Ex: He gave Tom a book.
Passive: S + was/were + V3 + by + O
A book was given to Tom (by him).
Tom was given a book (by him). TABLE OF ENGLISH TENSES IN PASSIVE VOICE The Past Continuous Tense
Active: S + was/were + V-ing + O
Ex: He was writing a letter at 8.00 yesterday.
Passive: S + was/were + being + V3 + by + O
Ex: A letter was being written (by him). TABLE OF ENGLISH TENSES IN PASSIVE VOICE The Past Perfect Tense
Active: S + had + V3 + O
Ex: He had finished his homework before 8.00 yesterday.
Passive: S + had + been + V3 + by + O
Ex: His homework had been finished (by him) before 8.00 yesterday. TABLE OF ENGLISH TENSES IN PASSIVE VOICE The Simple Future Tense
Active: S + will/shall + V + O
Ex: He will finish the homework.
Passive: S + will/shall + be + V3 + by + O
Ex: The homework will be finished. TABLE OF ENGLISH TENSES IN PASSIVE VOICE The Future Continuous Tense
Active: S + will/shall + be + V-ing + O
Ex: Tom will be cooking lunch at 10.00 tomorrow.
Passive: S + will/shall + be + being + V3 + by + O
Ex: Lunch will be being cooked by Tom at 10.00 tomorrow. TABLE OF ENGLISH TENSES IN PASSIVE VOICE The Future Perfect Tense
Active: S + will/shall + have + V3 + O
Ex: By the end of next week, he will have written 10 letters to her.
Passive: S + will/shall + have + been + V3 + by + O
Ex: By the end of next week, 10 letters will have been written to her. TABLE OF ENGLISH TENSES IN PASSIVE VOICE Closing
After explaining the topic, teacher gives post test to the student to measure their understanding
Ask the students to make conclusion about the topic
Motivate and appreciate them
• Divide students into several groups and ask them to do the task The Assessment and the students review are available on this Zunal's link : http://zunal.com/webquest.php?w=168358 Check it out !