Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
when did the events occur?
Transcript of when did the events occur?
BY: ELISHA RUITER
when did the event occur?
A distinctively Canadian art movement began just after the First World War and flourished in the 1920's.
who was involved?
A group of artists that were called the Group of Seven.
Lawren Harris, Arthur Lismer, Franz Johnston, J.E.H. MacDonald, Frank Carmichael, A.Y. Jackson and F.H. Varley.
Artist Tom Thomson was an early friend and contemporary of the group.
why it is significant/important
Their outspoken comments often aroused the ire of the art community, but they stood behind their words and this shone through in their works.
The Group of Seven was an organization of self-proclaimed modern artists.
where did it take place?
historical significant moment
who has had an impact on Canadian Arts and Culture?
Transfigured the Canadian Shield, the dense, northern boreal forest, and endless lakes, into a transcendent, spiritual force.