Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Barbara Coloroso
By Jenika Veito Barbara Coloroso - Barbara is a popular well know book author, born in Littleton Colorado in 1954
- She is now 58, and still writing books
- Barbara is a former roman catholic nun, Caucasian Canadian, a mother of three, and a parenting expert with four best sellers
- She is a recognized speaker on parenting, teaching, school discipline, bullying, grieving, and justice
- She has been on Oprah, CBS, NBC, and has been in the New York Times, U.S. Newsweek, and other national publications. About Barbara - During high school, in 1976 she had already published her first book called "The bully, the bullied and the bystander"
- Barbara did not have any challenges as a teen she was a typical high school student. Social Justice - This role model has a huge effect on social justice issues
- Barbara focuses on social justice issues that involve kids such as bullying, bad parenting, kids are worth it type discipline, helping kids in times of losses, wit, wisdom, and teaching with out beating
- Barbara's way of becoming involved with these issues was by writing books, expressing her ideas, and teaching parents how to handle their kids. Teen life - Her effective parenting and teaching skills were developed through years of training in sociology, special education, and philosophy. - As well as testing through her experiences as a teacher, university instructor, seminar leader, and mother of three grown children. Good role model? - Barbara is a positive role model for students because she has shown that if you know whats right and you go out and share it people will listen to you about the cause or issue you have. Difference in the world? - Barbara has made an incredible difference in the world by helping parents help their kids, through her books
- Being a four time award winning author you know shes making a difference. Three Interesting Facts -She had been on many popular television shows. -All of her books have won awards -She is an educational consultant for school districts, medical and business community,
the criminal justice system and other
educational associations around the world. -Since teenagers constantly change their mind of what they want to be I would ask her if she always wanted to write -I would also ask if she has always had a "I want to help people" type attitude Questions I Would ask her Works