Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
An Apology for Poetry
Transcript of An Apology for Poetry
POETRY POETRY POETRY POETRY POETRY POETRY
Throughout the treatsie, "An Apology for Poetry", Sir Philip proved that poetry was definitely not trash! So why is poetry more superior than history and philosophy? 1. Philosophy can be a bit confusing to others.
Sidney uses the word "misty" to describe philosophy (Horton 172). PHILOSOPHY 2. Sidney also says that philosophy "...standeth upon the abstract....", which also describes philosophy as something very intelectual and something that very few people can understand (Horton 172). 3. Poetry allows a person to describe and depict an image, while philosophy only allows a person to create a dull description using words. HISTORY 1. It is less beneficial to learn then poetry since it
pays more attention to fact and truth rather than
focusing on reason. 2. Focuses more on the past then
the present. Works Cited Sidney, Sir Philip. "An Apology for Poetry." British Literature. Ed. Ronald H. Horton. Greenville, SC: BJU Press, 2003. 171-172. Print 1. http://www.finandom.com/blog/2008/12/04/should-you-start-a-business-during-recession/
3. http://apps.co.marion.or.us/imagegallery/Recycling%20Images/garbage.htm Pictures Credit