Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Geography 621 - 5Themes of Geography, Korea
Transcript of Geography 621 - 5Themes of Geography, Korea
Interaction Region Place References Han-river sketch:
Arplaypi. "Han-river Night View Sketch." Web log post. Naver Cafe. Naver, 01 Mar. 2010. Web. 25 sept. 2011. <http://cafe.naver.com/newkwanho.cafe?iframe_url=/ArticleRead.nhn?articleid=8802>. Absolute Location : 37*32' N, 127*00' E Relative Location : China Japan North Korea Russia Map of Korea :
World Atlas. "Map of South Korean - South Korea Maps Facts Cities, Seoul, Asian Countries - Worldatlas.com." World Atlas including Geography Facts, Maps, Flags - Worldatlas.com. World Atlas. Web. 01 Oct. 2011. <http://www.worldatlas.com/webimage/countrys/asia/kr.htm>. Physical Features Human Features Map of Rivers and Mountains :
Zeny. "Mountain Ranges and Rivers of Korea." Web log post. Zeny's Blog. Naver, 13 May 2010. Web. 30 sept. 2011. <http://blog.naver.com/PostView.nhn?blogId=sje11900>. Han-river Mankyung-river Nakdong-river Sumjin-River Deadong-river Chungchun-river Aprock-river Duman-River Teabeak Mountain range Sobeak Mountain range Noryung Mountain range Charyung Mountain range Myulak
Mountain range Hamkyung
Mountain range Nanglim
Mountain range 4 major rivers including "Han-river" which crosses Seoul 4 mountain ranges including "Teabeak" which is main mountain range - Korea is peninsula which meets sea at 3 sides.
- Many big and small island
- Many waterfalls placed in mountains
- *mountains at East, plain at West Average Climate Chart, Provincial map :
"South Korea." Wikipedia, the Free Encyclopedia. Wikipedia, 28 Sept. 2011. Web. 25 sept. 2011. <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Korea>. From this chart..... Physical Human Characteristics - Divided by combination of climate & altitude difference For example,
-Gangwon-do's altitude is high and climate is cold
-Jeolla-do's climate is relatively warm, also divided to Buk/Nam according to altitude.
-Western provinces all have low ground level. They are divided by climate. -According to the provinces, their people have each different "Dialects" In addition, special & Metropolitan cities are made based from concentration of population. -Common People reside in each provinces show different personalities. For example,
-Jeolla-do people have enthusiastic and easy-going personality relatively to other provinces.
-Gyeonggi-do people are mostly argent, and busy characteristics. Roads that Human made to transprt easily
- Modification (Change) High residential apartments to enlarge the capaity of lots of people in limited space
- Modification (Change) Over 80% of Korean apartments have "ONDOL" system in entire house, to keep theirselves warm from cold weather.
- Adaption Water Supply from near river
- Dependence Korean style apartment:
62moablog. "Korean Style Apartment." Web log post. Happykeeper's Blog. Naver, 5 Sept. 2011. Web. 01 Oct. 2011. <http://blog.naver.com/62moablog?Redirect=Log>. - Additionally, Koreans use Korean
- Christianity and Buddism are the main religion Symbol of transportation - Immigration
- Idea flowing through many people - Storm occurs from sea tells that Korea is surrounded by sea.
- Dust storm from china tells Korea is influences by trade winds coming from the west.