Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Geography 621 - 5Themes of Geography, Korea
Transcript of Geography 621 - 5Themes of Geography, Korea
Interaction Region Place References Han-river sketch:
Arplaypi. "Han-river Night View Sketch." Web log post. Naver Cafe. Naver, 01 Mar. 2010. Web. 25 sept. 2011. <http://cafe.naver.com/newkwanho.cafe?iframe_url=/ArticleRead.nhn?articleid=8802>. Absolute Location : 37*32' N, 127*00' E Relative Location : China Japan North Korea Russia Map of Korea :
World Atlas. "Map of South Korean - South Korea Maps Facts Cities, Seoul, Asian Countries - Worldatlas.com." World Atlas including Geography Facts, Maps, Flags - Worldatlas.com. World Atlas. Web. 01 Oct. 2011. <http://www.worldatlas.com/webimage/countrys/asia/kr.htm>. Physical Features Human Features Map of Rivers and Mountains :
Zeny. "Mountain Ranges and Rivers of Korea." Web log post. Zeny's Blog. Naver, 13 May 2010. Web. 30 sept. 2011. <http://blog.naver.com/PostView.nhn?blogId=sje11900>. Han-river Mankyung-river Nakdong-river Sumjin-River Deadong-river Chungchun-river Aprock-river Duman-River Teabeak Mountain range Sobeak Mountain range Noryung Mountain range Charyung Mountain range Myulak
Mountain range Hamkyung
Mountain range Nanglim
Mountain range 4 major rivers including "Han-river" which crosses Seoul 4 mountain ranges including "Teabeak" which is main mountain range - Korea is peninsula which meets sea at 3 sides.
- Many big and small island
- Many waterfalls placed in mountains
- *mountains at East, plain at West Average Climate Chart, Provincial map :
"South Korea." Wikipedia, the Free Encyclopedia. Wikipedia, 28 Sept. 2011. Web. 25 sept. 2011. <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Korea>. From this chart..... Physical Human Characteristics - Divided by combination of climate & altitude difference For example,
-Gangwon-do's altitude is high and climate is cold
-Jeolla-do's climate is relatively warm, also divided to Buk/Nam according to altitude.
-Western provinces all have low ground level. They are divided by climate. -According to the provinces, their people have each different "Dialects" In addition, special & Metropolitan cities are made based from concentration of population. -Common People reside in each provinces show different personalities. For example,
-Jeolla-do people have enthusiastic and easy-going personality relatively to other provinces.
-Gyeonggi-do people are mostly argent, and busy characteristics. Roads that Human made to transprt easily
- Modification (Change) High residential apartments to enlarge the capaity of lots of people in limited space
- Modification (Change) Over 80% of Korean apartments have "ONDOL" system in entire house, to keep theirselves warm from cold weather.
- Adaption Water Supply from near river
- Dependence Korean style apartment:
62moablog. "Korean Style Apartment." Web log post. Happykeeper's Blog. Naver, 5 Sept. 2011. Web. 01 Oct. 2011. <http://blog.naver.com/62moablog?Redirect=Log>. - Additionally, Koreans use Korean
- Christianity and Buddism are the main religion Symbol of transportation - Immigration
- Idea flowing through many people - Storm occurs from sea tells that Korea is surrounded by sea.
- Dust storm from china tells Korea is influences by trade winds coming from the west.