Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
A Whole New Mind by Daniel H. Pink
Transcript of A Whole New Mind by Daniel H. Pink
AUTOMATION A Whole New Mind
Daniel H. Pink The world has gone through different stages of evolution: agricultural, industrial, and now, we are in the informational era...what's next? The Conceptual Age. “ The future belongs to a very different kind of person with a very different kind of mind – creators and empathizers , pattern recognizers , and meaning makers . These people – artists, inventors, designers, storytellers, caregivers, consolers, big picture thinkers – will now reap society’s richest rewards and share its greatest joys.” (Pink, 2006) Abundance Asia In the Conceptual Age, in addition to our left-brain directed reasoning powers, we will need to master some essential right-brain directed aptitudes: Design Story Symphony Empathy Play Meaning The Power of a GREAT STORY! And in the Conceptual Age, people and companies will succeed or fail thanks to right-brained skills like inventiveness, empathy, joyfulness and big-picture thinking.
1. Is what I’m offering in demand in an age of abundance?
2. Can a computer do it faster than I can?
3. Can someone overseas do it more cheaply than I can?
If our skills, products or services can’t stand up to these three questions, then we’ll suffer in the Conceptual Age.