Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
A Whole New Mind by Daniel H. Pink
Transcript of A Whole New Mind by Daniel H. Pink
AUTOMATION A Whole New Mind
Daniel H. Pink The world has gone through different stages of evolution: agricultural, industrial, and now, we are in the informational era...what's next? The Conceptual Age. “ The future belongs to a very different kind of person with a very different kind of mind – creators and empathizers , pattern recognizers , and meaning makers . These people – artists, inventors, designers, storytellers, caregivers, consolers, big picture thinkers – will now reap society’s richest rewards and share its greatest joys.” (Pink, 2006) Abundance Asia In the Conceptual Age, in addition to our left-brain directed reasoning powers, we will need to master some essential right-brain directed aptitudes: Design Story Symphony Empathy Play Meaning The Power of a GREAT STORY! And in the Conceptual Age, people and companies will succeed or fail thanks to right-brained skills like inventiveness, empathy, joyfulness and big-picture thinking.
1. Is what I’m offering in demand in an age of abundance?
2. Can a computer do it faster than I can?
3. Can someone overseas do it more cheaply than I can?
If our skills, products or services can’t stand up to these three questions, then we’ll suffer in the Conceptual Age.