Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Networks & Circuits & Emerging Cultural Work(ers): STP&A 2013
Transcript of Networks & Circuits & Emerging Cultural Work(ers): STP&A 2013
Networks & Circuits & Emerging Cultural Work(ers)
in environments that blur:
•economics & "profit"
•notions of "professional" and "amateur"
• positionality of "expertise" and "practice"
... and formations of community in networked environments...
maker culture =
intersection & convergence =
DIY in the internet age
networked intelligence & mechanics
communities of affect & aesthetics
entrepreneurs & creators
Chris Anderson says
why should arts administrators pay attention?
role/place of MAKING in creative economy
drive for participation & the ways in which arts managers/cultural workers can build fields/infrastructure for support
"What exactly defines the Maker Movement? It's a broad description that encompasses a wide variety of activities, from traditional crafting to high-tech electronics, many of which have been around for ages. But Makers, at least in this book, are doing something new...By simply bringing the Web's culture and collaboration to the process of making, they're combining to build something on a scale we've never seen from DIY before" (2012)
UO Arts and Administration