Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Wayne Thiebaud
He was very interested in creating realistic paintings and he did this by using thick paint in exaggerated colors. When he painted cakes, for example, he applied the paint like a baker would spread frosting. The food in his paintings looks real enough to eat.
Thiebaud painted other subjects but it is the delicious looking foods that are his best known pieces.
3100 - 30 bc
Why was painting desserts considered
so radically different?
Pop Art, 1960's
Wayne Thiebaud, 1950's - Present