Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Earthquake Hazards
Don't Be Here!
Most Injuries result from collapse of buildings!
Things people build fall down and cause the most damage.
Shaking breaks gas lines and drops electrical lines!
Imagine if water lines are broken so firefighters can't put them out.
Stop at 2:00 minutes
Sparks at 16 seconds in
In areas with steep slopes. Can block roads, crush houses, break gas and water lines.
Play to 35 sec
Be ready to close ads
Laguna Beach CA
Flamingo Rd, Laguna Beach, CA
Google Earth to
Loose soil that is saturated by water becomes weak and anything heavy on the soil will sink like it is on quicksand. Note to self, build on solid rock and not loose soil or sand.
Powerful ocean waves caused by an underwater earthquake that can be up to 30 m tall and can move inland several miles.
Mr. Grubb, 6th grade