Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of http://globalfaithinaction.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/im
What is immigration?
Immigration is the movement of people into a destination country to which they are not native or do not possess its citizenship in order to settle or reside there. They become permanent residents or naturalized citizens, or to take-upemployment as a migrant worker or temporarily as a foreign worker
Hope for better opportunities
Desire for religious freedom
Escape from oppressive governments
Desire for adventure
Why did immigration increase?
Who came from where?
Northwestern Europe( Germany and Ireland)
Slavic Countries(Poland, Russia, Slovenia, Slovakia, Serbia & etc.
Southern Europe (Italy)
Ellis Island - East Coast Processing Center
Angel Island - West Coast Processing Center