Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
05.06 Lab Time : Acid & Base Indicators
Transcript of 05.06 Lab Time : Acid & Base Indicators
1. Place the five substances in order of increasing pH — from most acidic to most basic.
Tea, Lemon Juice , Eye drops, Detergent , Bleach
2. Orange juice has a pH of 4. What color would you expect the paper test strip to be after it is dipped in a sample of orange juice?
It would be purple.
3. Determining the pH of substances such as purple grape juice and catsup using test strips can be difficult. Why?
It would be difficult to see the color change since purple is already a dark color.
4. Tear–free shampoos are advertized as having a pH similar to that of human tears. What pH would you expect tear–free shampoos to be? Use evidence from the lab activity to support your response.
I would expect it to be neutral because the eye drops are the same as tear free shampoo, It doesn't irritate the eye or else people wouldn't use them.
5. the approximate hydronium ion concentration and hydroxide ion concentration in a cup of tea is hydronium ion.
6. hydroxide ion
I think ,
Bleach - Neutral
Eye Drops - Base
Detergent - Base
Tea - Acid
Lemon Juice - Acid
05.06 Lab Time: Acid and Base Indicators
8 - 10
4 - 6
1 - 3
Initial color of solution
Final color of solution
pH range on test strip