Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
5 Themes of Geography of ICELAND
Transcript of 5 Themes of Geography of ICELAND
3) Human-Environment Interaction
5) Region Location Latitude = 64.8343° N
Longitude = 18.9770° W ICELAND REYKJAVIK, ICELAND LATITUDE = 64.1333° N
LONGITUDE = 21.9333° W - Iceland is south of the Arctic Circle
- It is located just west of the Prime Meridian
- Iceland is Located north of the Atlantic Ocean
- Is southwest of the country Greenland - Reykjavik is Located at Iceland's coast
- The city's topography consists of peninsulas and coves
- It also has some island's that were one connected to the mainland during the last ice age Biome: TUNDRA As a result, Iceland gets around 4 hours of sunlight on its shortest day in the winter. During the summer, it receives almost 24 hours of daylight. Where is it? Why is it there? What are the consequences
of it being there? Place Human: The people of Iceland Share a love for...
Food The main language spoken is Icelandic Physical Characteristics: Many glaciers, rivers and hills throughout the country Iceland is surrounded with water Earthquakes are common There are many active volcanoes and hot springs Northern Lights Icelandic wildlife Average Temperatures: Low January temperature:
High July temperature: -3°C 13°C Human-Environment Interaction The Environment Effecting Humans: Humans Effecting the Environment: GLOBAL WARMING
AIR, WATER AND LAND POLLUTION
GREENHOUSE GASES EXTINCTION OF ANIMALS
POLLUTION Movement OF GOODS OF IDEAS OF PEOPLE Region Iceland is part of the Nordic Region Nordic Region =
Consists of 5 countries and 3 territories
The counties & territories have similar parts in their political system
The Nordic countries cooperate together in the Nordic Council SOURCES - http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/geopedia/Iceland.html
- http://www.britannica.com/Icelandic-language.html THANK YOU FOR LISTENING TO
THIS PRESENTATION :D EXPENSES Cost per person: $2343.55 CN INCLUDES:
- 2 hotel rooms >> joined
- Flight (there and back)
- Hotel services
- Tax ADDITIONAL FEES:
- Activities outside hotel property
- Additional meals
- Bar/Lounge (in hotel)
- Sports rentals (skis, snowboards, etc.) FOR A 1 WEEK VACATION TO ICELAND A THING TO KEEP IN MIND: CURRENCY:
Krona/kr CONVERSION: Kr 1 = CN $0.01 HIGHLIGHTS OF TRIP - Reykjavik, Iceland
- Grand Hotel (4 star)
- Jetblue Airways