Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Marriage and Courtship In the Time of Shakespeare
Transcript of Marriage and Courtship In the Time of Shakespeare
In the Time of
By: Kobe C. and Iliana V.
Ladies of court were wooed and won by knights with frequent visits, gifts, and compliments.
Men asked permission of the fathers to court the lady.
Most of the marriages were arranged.
The arranged marriages were to keep the wealth. They tried to keep the wealth in the family so they could have money. They married other families so they could have the wealth of their money and the other family's money.
Or some marriages were upon reputation. Some families needed to keep their reputations up so they arranged the marriage with another wealthy family.
Difference from then and now is that back in Elizabethan Times the women had very little right to choose their husband.
Photos of marriage in Elizabethan Times!
If the bride refuses to marry there betrothed
they will still be forced.
The second penalty which is a
less common penalty is that they will be
put to death.