Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Fire and Chemical Safety
Transcript of Fire and Chemical Safety
How to handle chemicals in the lab and what to do if there is a fire.
Use Two Hands
When carrying chemicals always use two hands.
Point containers in a safe direction.
When heating, shaking or mixing chemicals the container may become pressurized. This could cause the top to come off and chemicals to shoot out. Always point containers away from yourself and others.
Dispose of chemicals as instructed.
Chemicals are disposed of in various ways. Ask your teacher how to dispose of each type of chemical after a lab.
If you are instructed to smell a chemical, gently waft the vapors toward your nose.
Chemical and Fire Safety
If a fire does occur immediately
tell your teacher
. Follow your teacher's direction after notifying them. Remember only certified individuals should use an extinguisher
Please watch this video on different pieces of safety equipment in your lab