Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
VGHS: Video Game Highschool
Transcript of VGHS: Video Game Highschool
- Quickly gained popularity.
- Jumped to different online formats (netflix and itunes) in the form a 2hr full length film. The Creators - Freddie Wong and Brandon Laatsch.
- USC Film Grads
- YouTube based VFX producers.
- Always had a audience base full of gamers.
- Geared programming towards that audience.
- Believe the future for content-creators lies in sourcing money from viewers and delivering on those projects in a timely and cost effective manner.
Episodes were written by Brian Firenzi (5secondfilms) The Financials Completely crowd funded through Kickstarter campaign.
Kickstarter goal - $75,000.00
After one month- $273,725.00
Production costs were open to Kickstarter backers.
An infographic was posted on the website for anyone to view. http://www.rocketjump.com/blog/how-much-webseries-cost So What? Total cost - $636,010.71
Cast and crew of over 160 people
600 VFX Shots
Numerous location shots
277 days of production
36 + Million views 21 Jump Street Similar style
Budget : $42,000,000.00 VGHS Budget -> $636,010.71
21 Jump Street Budget -> $42,000,000.00
Only 1.5% THE BOTTOM LINE RECEPTION GAMERS -> LIKED IT
FANS -> LOVED IT
CRITICS -> BORED Season 2? Lessons Raised the bar for webseries production level.
More support will come if backers are kept in the loop.
PERKS PERKS PERKS (Kickstarter)
Once you have an audience you must retain that audience. (variety in plotlines).
You know your own audience best.
Carry over your fan base from other outlets. http://www.youtube.com/freddiew 5,005,184 Subscribers 811,279,925 Views DO KICK STARTER CAMPAIGNS CONSTRICT CREATIVITY?