Loading presentation...

Present Remotely

Send the link below via email or IM

Copy

Present to your audience

Start remote presentation

  • Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
  • People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
  • This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
  • A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
  • Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article

Do you really want to delete this prezi?

Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.

DeleteCancel

Natural Health and Beauty Tips

No description
by

Hailey Burns

on 10 April 2016

Comments (0)

Please log in to add your comment.

Report abuse

Transcript of Natural Health and Beauty Tips

Natural Health and Beauty Tips
How Your Products Can Be Harming You
1. EU have banned over 1000 carcinogens, out of them, the US has banned 10.
Continued
Green, White and Black Tea
Honey
Coffee Berry
Conclusion
Natural vs Unnatural
Natural
Sappho
- company located in Vancouver that creates all natural/organic products without parabens.
Recipes
What Products Should You Use Instead?
What is Wrong with Beauty Products?
1. Lipstick, kajal pencils, eye shadow
Coconut
By: Hailey Burns
Made from living organisms (microbes, plants, animals)
Non-artificial
Benefit overall health
Unnatural
Synthetic/man-made chemicals
Cause skin allergies, irritations, and other side effects
Wears down your body
2. Eye Products
"Siloxane" Group
Smooth, soften and moisten
Found in shampoo, facial treatments and skin lotion
Also found in building sealant and
water repellent for windshields.
Parabens
MERCURY, BHT, BHA
Used to preserve products
Helps stop bacteria growth
Known to trigger growth of cancer cells
D4 AND D5
European Union - endocrine disruptor since it interferes with human hormone function
Uterine tumors
harm the immune/reproductive system and nervous system
2. All cosmetics should have an expiration date, just like food.
3. The terms "Organic", "Natural" and "Herbal" are not regulated.
Disrupts endocrine system
Harmful to fish and wildlife
Average: 168/day
4. Only 11% of chemicals used in US cosmetics have been tested, which leaves 89% with unknown side effects.
Brief History of Beauty
5. According to FDA.gov, the law also does not require cosmetic companies to share their safety information with FDA.
Ancient Egyptians
Eye-makeup: malachite (green ore of copper)
Lead
Paste of soot from metals
Ancient Greece
Spread white lead all over their face.
Romans
Used white lead, and red lead for a "healthy" rose glow.
Led to lead poisoning.
15th, 16th, 17th, and 18th Century
The "dead white" look was popular.
Used white lead and vinegar to peel off skin and remove freckles/blemishes.
The number of deaths gave the medical community a push to warn people
about certain chemicals.
1. Tea Tree Oil
Treats acne
Reduces rashes, athlete's foot, bad breath and skin tags
Antioxidants
Helps prevent cell damage
Helps skin look healthy and youthful
Rich in antioxidants
Smooth skin and has anti-inflammatory properties
Stops 60 types of bactera
Improves scalp
In several recipes for scrubs, lotions, shampoos and conditioners.
Grapeseed Oil
Natural makeup remover
Does not clog pores
Lip balm
Fats, vitamins and proteins for healthier hair and skin.
Lotion
Foundation/Concealer
Sephora Concealer
VS
sweet almond oil, titanium dioxide, beeswax, palm christi oil, shea butter, cocoa butter, iron oxide, jojoba oil, meadowfoam oil, evening primrose oil, avocado butter, vitamin e, rosehip oil, aloe oil, zinc oxide, rosemary , neem oil
Dioctyl Adipate, Octyl Stearate, Talc, Beeswax, Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera) Wax, Petrolatum,
Corn (Zea Mays) Oil
, Octyl Palmitate, Propylene Glycol,
Butylparaben
, Ctiric Acid,
BHA
. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides.
Full transcript