Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Untitled Prezi
Sakina Shah Perver
Farwa Zahidi Maglev trains What is Maglev Train Maglev is a system of transportation that uses magnetic levitation to suspend, guide and propel vehicles with magnets rather than using methods such as wheels, axles and bearings. How is magnetism used in Maglev trains? What are the disadvantages of Maglev trains? Advantages of Maglev train as compared to ordinary trains. Five countries where maglev trains are used. Magnetic levitation is a technology that uses magnetic fields to make the train move. These fields lift the train a small distance above the tracks and moves the train. 1. They are much faster than regular trains.
2. Maglev trains are less expensive to build rather than building ordinary trains.
3. Maglev trains do not pollute while ordinary trains lead to air pollution. 1. The disadvantages of using the Maglev is that the Maglev tracks cost more than railroad tracks do. Whole new sets of tracks would need to be built for the Maglev to run.
2. Maglev trains need a very large amount of electricity to generate a powerful enough magnetic force to lift and then propel the entire train.
5. United States of America