Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
American Civil War
Transcript of American Civil War
There are 13 stars. One of each member of the Confederacy
Make sure the starting point for each line is the same distance from each corner of your square…
The Battle Flag is SQUARE
START with the middle star and have 3 on each side, use a ruler for symmetry
How do I get my cross exact?
The war tore the nation apart splitting it into two separate ___________. In the North the ______ and in the South the CSA, the Confederate States of __________. They had two Capitals, one in ____________ and the other in Richmond. They had two presidents, Abraham __________ in the USA and Jefferson Davis in The CSA. The war lasted ______ years and caused the death of over 700,000 Americans.
The American Civil War
United States of America
Confederate States of America
almost 4 million slaves lived in the
states of America. The total population in the Slave states was
million. The issue of slavery was becoming very
The South supported slavery and the North was
1. Collect a large map of the USA in 1850.
2. Colour in the slave states on your map.
3. Work out the % of slaves in each state
4. Highlight the state that had the highest % of slaves?
5. Round up your figure to the nearest whole number.
PERCENTAGE OF SLAVES
North & South Debate
What did they think?
NUMBER OF SLAVES
Union & Confederate Soldiers
Now listen here. You will complete this in pairs!
Collect a copy of the soldier template – one each.They are straight out of their tent. They need clothes. They need ammunition. They need supplies.
1. Dress your soldier using the resource sheet.
2. Use the sources to add additional information about the soldiers.
3. Present your soldier to your partner so that they can complete a short fact-file on the one that they do not have.
In this way you will both have in your jotters descriptions of union and confederate soldiers.
Using the worksheet complete the table to show the views that both the North and South had on the issue of slavery.
LI: To understand the causes of the American Civil War
LI: To understand the beliefs of the USA & CSA
LI: To learn about the leadership of America
LI: To find out about the lives of soldiers who fought in the American Civil War