Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Social Media Curation & Bookmarking
Transcript of Social Media Curation & Bookmarking
Social Bookmarking - A method where Internet users store their favorite pages on “bookmark” sites online. Users also have the option of sharing these pages with their network of friends.
Users can store, organize and manage your bookmarked sites for social viewing and also browse through others’ bookmarks and add them to your list of bookmarks. Social Content Curation Social Media Curation
& Social Bookmarking By Erika Vera & Bianca Siciliano How it Benefits Businesses B2B & B2C Appropriateness Social Bookmarking scoop.it pinterest paper.li storify StumbleUpon reddit diigo delicious digg technorati buzzfeed Social Content Curation/ bookmarking
Resources Build Brand Image
Increase Brand Awareness
Employees + Volunteers gain analytical skills Content Curation to Market Bookmarking to Market Research Filtering Organizing "The process of sorting through the vast amounts of content on the web and presenting it in a meaningful and organized way around a specific theme. The work involves sifting, sorting, arranging, and publishing information. A content curator cherry picks the best content that is important and relevant to share with their community" (Beth Kanter)
http://ow.ly/jp7dF http://ow.ly/jpdN4 Drive Traffic SEO Maximize Brand Value Reach Target Market Reliability Prices Business & Experts
Performance Track Business - Optimization Business Look Scoop.it for Experts B2B B2C -Helps market your company with regular placements of quality content
-Opens the door to connect with others in similar industries
- Keeps you updated on news and trends
- Helps source research and new business or opportunities - Social Bookmarking Sites Drive Targeted Traffic
- Social bookmarking can play a huge role in helping a business's content go viral.
- Sharing is caring. - Create a Profile.
- Create tags using the website you want to save.
- Spend some time using them as though you were a potential customer of your own service.
- Search for articles that you would bookmark that would benefit your business and post them. Build Brand Image
Establish Communication & Get Instant Feedback
Reach Target Market
Offer Better Customer Service The info below shows how a customer who likes the brand on a social media like facebook spends more than one that is not following the brand online. We can assume that the same applies to other social media websites. The more people you get to subscribe to your brand or product the more chances you get to make sales. You get to engage your customers on content of their interest. You can provide incentives for them to buy and this generate sales. Economic Benefit to Businesses Daniells, Katy. Digital Buzz Blog. "The Real Cost of Social Media Infogram." 22 May, 2011. Web. 1 Apr. 2013 10 resources that will help with all Social Bookmarking and Content Curation needs! Social Content Curation Nike Inc uses this social content curation website to increase their brand awareness and be closer to their fans and customers. WWF, the non for profit organization also has its own page on StumbleUpon to convey messages through this website and reach more people. For-Profit: Storify - CBS news Non for Profit: Pinterest - UNICEF For-Profit: StumbleUpon - Nike Inc. Non for Profit: StumbleUpon - WWF CBC uses Storify to cover Breaking News stories in order for consumers to gain awareness of the issues going on in the world. UNICEF uses Pinterest to display all of the charity's initiatives throughout the globe. It is through the images that UNICEF pins that more consumers will want to get involved with this charity. Pros:
- Easy to use
- Magazine Look
- Similar to twitter when re-tweeting: "scoopit"
- Bookmarklet feature
How it works:
1. Create your own topic
2. Browse around within or outside the website
3. Scoop (select and share) the curated content that
relates to your topic and you find interesting or simply use the scoop.it! boorkmarklet to bring the website link with a thumbnail of the website you want to incorporate in your topic.
4. Before you post you can edit to contribute with your
own thoughts and points of view Pros:
- Online Scrapbook
-Find, pin, and repin images onto your own boards that can be easily shareable onto other social media websites.
- Possibility to use for contests. Characteristics:
- Share pictures and websites anonymously.
- Vote on stories and pictures that are newsworthy. Ranking + Pros/Cons Alexa The Web Information Company. "Statistics Summaries."
http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo Magazine Look Features Facebook vs Non Facebook Users Spending A survey was conducted to U.S. Marketing Executives about the benefits of advertising through social media and below is the outcome. Only half of participants rated LOW COST as a benefit. Content Curation benefits to an Organization Daniells, Katy. Digital Buzz Blog. "The Real Cost of Social Media Infogram." 22 May, 2011. Web. 1 Apr. 2013 Having Presence on different social media websites while launching an advertising campaign is key to increase brand awareness and generate sales.
Taking Twitter as an example, followers had a 43% ROI Daniells, Katy. Digital Buzz Blog. "The Real Cost of Social Media Infogram." 22 May, 2011. Web. 1 Apr. 2013 One year full-out social media campaign cost.
Data collected from CEO of bonsai Interactive, a social media and mobile marketing firm.
A lot of people oversee the salary they have to pay to marketers or managers to run the online campaign. For companies to have success they no only need to open different social media accounts but they have to CURATE them and be consistent with its publications. Offer immediate responses and build brand image. Using Digital Social Media websites, applications, and tools requires a lot of effort. Depending on how big the campaign or business is there must be at least one to three persons responsible for the campaign. However, the benefits of running a digital social media campaign are significant when the sales you generate bring a good ROI. Daniells, Katy. Digital Buzz Blog. "The Real Cost of Social Media Infogram." 22 May, 2011. Web. 1 Apr. 2013 Costs Awareness and Sales Generator Benefits Example For Profit & Non-Fro Profit Organizations that use Social Content Curation & Bookmarking - Examples - 1. Make sure your content is targeted towards a specific market
2. Relevant and informative
3. Don't try to sell, instead educate people. However, use your marketing
skills to engage your target market.
4. Provide quality content so your customer engages and wants to follow
you and know more about your product.
5. Be aware of what your competition is doing
6. Be concise and direct.
7. Be consistent - schedule posts
8. Use different sources Costs & Features Newspaper Look CHARACTERISTICS:
- Newspaper look
- Find, Publish & Promote Articles, photos and Videos from the web.
- Their sources among others include: TWITTER, FACEBOOK, GOOGLE+, YOUTUBE, & RSS HOW IT WORKS
1. First, select your sources
2. Customize it (design wise)
3. Promote to grow your audience- subscribers can receive notifications through email or twiiter. CHARACTERISTICS:
- A page that provides you with information of your interest that has already been curated.
- This site is FREE for everyone to use.
- 5% of information is paid so that means there are advertisements within your search including coupons and promotions.
HOW IT WORKS:
- It works similar to Pinterest in which you select the topics you are interested in.
2. Then get suggestions from the website itself.
3. You like, or dislike the content and more info will continue to be sent to you.
4. You can leave comments on each post
5. You can share on twitter, linkedIn, facebook, & Google Look Costs + Features Costs & Features Look Features:
- Digg Reccomendations
- Dig Spy: Watch instant stories as they appear
- Social Bookmarks: Keep track of your friend's activities
- Podcast: Listen weekly to Digg Founder about the most trendy stories
- Blog connections:
- RSS Feed
- E-mail Story
- Block/Report User
- Share info on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, GOOGLE+, TUMBLR, LINKEDIN, REDDIT, E-MAIL, PERMALINK Costs & Features Digg Doesn't state it costs anything. Digg is a news website where the info is organized by “TOP STORIES” – & -- “POPULAR” It allows users to search for information by topics. This info comes from other curators who have filtered the info or grabbed it from the web. Once you have liked the content, you can set up email notifications related to that topic on your email.You can share what you like on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, GOOGLE+, TUMBLR, LINKEDIN, REDDIT, E-MAIL and PERMALINKYOU CAN SAVE content and it will be stored so when you access it from your iphone, its there too. It also allows you to receive info on your email and advertise but contact team for an estimate. News Look - Top Stories News Look - Popular BuzzFeed allows you to advertise on its website Look It a website that collects all viral information and organizes it by different interests like lifestyle, sports, funny, celeb, animals, fail, cute etc.On the home page you can see from the most recent ones to the real time postings. Advertise of Buzzfeed Look. Home Page. BuzzFeed. N.d. Web. 20 Mar 2013 - Measures your interest on news: - Measure traffic brough to you website
- Measures how viral it went
- Total # of views Features Diggo is an amazing application that works like a “cloud” where you can store all collected info in its server and access it from different devices like the ipad, android or different browsers.
- Highlight and write sticky notes. When you have highlighted it will still be highlighted when you access it later.
- Bookmark a page and even add tags to read later. It is saves as html and image
- Use shapes, arrows and text to make notes and capture an image
- FOR ANDROID devices you need the “DIIGO POWER NOTE” to access your library, or pages to read later,
- With iPHONE, you can download the pages to read later to access them when you are not online.
- Create groups
- BOOKMARKLET: Diigolet is a "super bookmarklet" that allows you to highlight and add sticky-notes, in addition to simple bookmarking. With those sticky-notes you can create a discussion among groups you belong to. How it WORKS & its Characteristics: Using this websites is useful in any way and for anyone who wants to brand a product, business, product or personal brand. B2C B2B Improve SEO - publishing quality content is one of the most important factors determining search engine rank. Curating content on your website or blog contributes towards its content, which is great for search engine ranking.
- Increase Brand Awareness
- Drive traffic to your website and Reach Target Market
- Save time - the content exist you just need to filter it so you can organize it by topic and give a different value to it.Build relationships with customer/provider
- connect with experts in the market and grow your network
- Maximize brand value
- Improve Brand Equity
- Reliability - stronger image attracts + investors
- Attracts businesses who want to advertise on your website Bookmarking Appropriateness Csutoras Brent, REDDIT’S SECRET ANNOUNCEMENT JUST GOT TAGGED Brent Csutoras, N.d Web 23 Mar 2013. Free to use! How to Use:
1. Create an account.
2. Create your own board (eg. My Style) that fits your theme.
3. Find pictures that reflect your board.
4. Share it on Facebook or Twitter. Fig. 1 Leader and people following from. "Maximize your company’s growth potential through great business leadership." BusinessBurrito.com. 2012. Web. 18 Mar. 2013 Fig. 1. Brand Equity from: Roumeliotis, James. "Brand Awareness: the influence in consumers’ purchasing decisions" World Press. 6 Oct. 2011. Web. 18 Mar. 2013 <http://ow.ly/joQF6> Works Cited (all info collected from):
Alexa The Web Information Company. "Statistics Summaries."
http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo Screen Shot from evera.digitalmedia. "Content curaton" Scoop.it 10 Mar. 2013. Web 20 Mar. 2013. Prices. "Pricing" Scoop.it N.d. Web. 20 Mar. 2013 Features. "Feature List" Scoop.it N.d. Web. 20 Mar. 2013 Business. "Business" Scoop.it N.d. Web. 20 Mar. 2013 Optimization. "Business - Optimization" Scoop.it N.d. Web. 20 Mar. 2013 Performance Track. "Performance Track for experts and business" Scoop.it. N.d. Web. 20 Mar. 2013 How it works:
1. Create an account.
2. Customize your interests.
3. Promote yourself to your audience. Vote, comment and create a community of your opinions to different topics. Free to use! Experts Look. Scoop.it. N.d. Web. 20 Mar. 2013 Costs and Features. "Features for your business." Paper.li. N.d. Web. 20 Mar. 2013 News Paper Look. "Home page." Paper.li. N.d. Web. 20 Mar. 2013 How it works. "How it works." Paper.li. N.d. Web. 20 Mar. 2013 Reddit users can upgrade to Reddit Gold. It is used to block ads and other things that you know you never need to use. Pland and Pricing. "Pland and Pricing." About Page. N.d. Web. 20 Mar. 2013. Look. Home Page from Erika Vera. StumbleUpon "Profile Page." N.d. Web. 20 Mar. 2013. Home Page. StumbleUpon " Profile Page." N.d. Web. 20 Mar. 2013. Look. My Library. Diigo. "Library Page". N.d. Web. 20 Mar. 2013. Cost and Features. Features. StumbleUpon. N.d. Web. 20 Mar. 2013. Top Stories Look. Home page. Digg. N.d. Web. 20 Mar. 2013. (Reddit's secret) Popular Look. Home page. Digg. N.d. Web. 20 Mar. 2013. Features. Performace. BuzzFeed. N.d. Web. 20 Mar 2013 Your Reaction? Features page. BuzzFeed. N.d. Web. 20 Mar 2013 Advertise. Advertise on BuzzFeed Page. BuzzFeed. N.d. Web. 20 Mar 2013 Characteristics:
- Looks like a timeline.
- Create stories using social media sites. How it works:
1. Create an account.
2. Search through multiple social networks from one place, and then drag individual elements to create stories. (synaurasuccessteam) synaurasuccessteam. "Social Bookmarking in Plain English, for the rest of us" YouTube N. p. 18 Mar 2009 Online Video 23 Mar 2013. Social Bookmarking and Tagging for SEO. "IrishWonder’s SEO Consulting Blog" 13 Feb 2006. Web 23 Mar. 2013. BSiciliano Screenshot Pinterest N.D. Web 24 Mar 2013. Free to use! Ben. "Storify Integration with MailChimp" MailChimp 10 Feb. 2011. Web 24 Mar 2013. Characteristics:
- A website used to store, share and discover web bookmarks.
- Sorted by tags for example, tags such as design. delicious. Home Page. N.d. Web 24 Mar 2013. Free to use! Users can download a bookmarklet to save links that can be useful for certain businesses to keep track of important links. How it works:
1. Create an account. Has an option to link to Facebook and Twitter.
2. Download the bookmarklet and then start choosing links that are of interest. Ranking: #1 Con:
- Copyright issues. Ranking: #6 Cons:
- For some, may not be user-friendly. Ranking #8 Cons:
- Not very innovative in terms of design. Cons:
- Time consuming to look up different social media sites for different topics. Ranking: #11 Cons:
- Time Consuming.
- Not targeted traffic. Ranking: #3 Ranking: #2 Cons:
- Sometimes the ads may not be newsworthy enough and that makes consumers not want to vote up for your Reddit account. Ranking: #9 Cons:
- Very time consuming. Ranking: # 7 Cons:
- Standard bookmarking button takes you away from website and then brings you back Ranking : #5 Cons:
- Too many links all at once can be confusing to consumers. Characteristics:
- An Internet Search Engine for searching blogs.
- Technorati looks at tags that authors have placed on their websites. These tags help categorize search results, with recent results coming first.
- Able to follow blogs from different categories such as fashion, movies, etc. Free to use! Ranking: #10 Cons:
- If you are not consistent with your blogging, then you will not get many followers on your technorati page. Features of Technorati:
- Search Feeds
- RSS Ranking: #4 Cons:
- Be careful that what you post is relevant to your topic. 1. How Buzzfeed will help Content Marketers
- Provides examples of businesses that benefited using Buzzfeed. http://www.imediaconnection.com/content/31801.asp 2. Pinterest for Business
- Learn how to pin like a pro using Pinterest for Business.
http://business.pinterest.com/pinning-principles/ 3. Using Reddit to Grow Your Business
- Detailed explanation as to how Reddit can grow your business; provides examples of companies that have used Reddit successfully.
http://www.socialmediaexaminer.com/reddit/ 4. Using Social Bookmarking to benefit your business
- A quick video about how Social bookmarking can benefit your business.
http://www.collegehumor.com/video/5318283/how-to-benefit-your-small-business-using-the-social-bookmarking-services 5. Using StumbleUpon for your Business This blog explains the features of StumbleUpon and what to expect when you are using this bookmarking site. This site also explains how to gain more visitors to your page as well.
http://www.blogmarketingacademy.com/how-to-use-stumbleupon-to-promote/ 6. Step by Step to Delicious
This PDF file is very useful for your business to get used to using the social bookmarking site Delicious. This PDF explains the benefits of this site and how it will work for your business.
https://social.ogilvy.com/wp-content/uploads/howto_delicious.pdf 7. Storify Features and Benefits
- A brief PowerPoint presentation as to how Storify can leverage your business.
http://www.slideshare.net/lawrenceaaron/how-to-use-storify-to-curate-social-media 8. Using Scoop it to leverage your business's content
- This website gives many tips as to how to get started with Scoop it and the correct dialogue to use in your strategies.
http://socialmediapearls.com/10-steps-to-curate-your-social-media-content-with-scoop-it-for-increased-value/ 9. Pinterest Strategies
- Examples of companies that have used Pinterest in their Marketing Strategies.
http://blog.hubspot.com/blog/tabid/6307/bid/33845/8-Real-Life-Examples-of-Engaging-Pinterest-Contests.aspx Where to source content from: Eric Schmidt. "CONTENT CURATION. THE PERFECT CONTENT MARKETING MIX." Uberflip. 4 Sep 2012. Web. 20 Mar. 2013. #4