Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of MAKER MOVEMENT
Role of the Teacher
"If they make it, they will learn"
How to integrate Making into education
Piaget said that knowledge comes from action.
The core concept driving the Maker Movement is the power of learning through active discovery.
Maker Faire - http://makerfaire.com/map/
Reserve as Needed
3D printer and software
circuit boards, chips, resistors
Solve a problem
Improve an existing solution
Make something easier
2005 - Make Magazine
2006 - First Maker Faire, San Mateo
2009 - First MakerBot Kits
2011 - Raspberry Pi
2014 - National Day of Making
Differentiation of instruction
Fully engage students in learning
What Students Gain
Sense of Accomplishment
Sense of Community
Connect their own ideas and actions to real world problems
More Sources for Maker Inspiration
2015 - National Week of Making in June
Experience failure, perseverance, collaboration, accomplishment