Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Lascaux caves 15,000 -13,000 BC
Transcript of Lascaux caves 15,000 -13,000 BC
Tibetan Sand Mandala
Navaho Sand Painting
A map of a Song line - the journey of ancestor from Dreamtime
Dreamtime – the aboriginal spirit world can be entered into when special spaces, music and designs are made and used in a special way.
Homo Aestheticus – man who makes things special
Aboriginal Art –Making the body and the world sacred
IN THE BEGINNING …
This Neanderthal woman and her child were found in pit tomb covered with wildflower pollen.
What does this imply about the Neanderthal culture?
Principles of Primal Worldview –
All nature shares a common life – elan vital
Life force manifests itself as spirits found in all natural things –vitalism
The spirit world permeates yet is separated from the “real world”.
Spirit power can be gathered and stored in inanimate objects/places through worship, ritual, and image making.
Numinous experiences are supernatural in origin.
Diggeriddu –special music
Fetish objects – contain spirits
Corroboree – ritual dance