Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Camera Shots
Types of Camera Shots
A medium shot focuses on one or more people from the waist up and it may include some background. The audience can see expressions and movements clearly. They can see some action happening around the character.
A long shot shows the whole subject in the frame with the background providing a context for the action. It is more difficult to see facial expressions.
Extreme Long Shot
An extreme long shot gives a panoramic view of an external location from a great distance.
It shows a landscape, a huge object or even a building. Extreme long shots are usually used to set the scene.
Close Up Shot
A dramatic shot that fills the screen with the characters face. This allows the viewer to focus on what the character is feeling.
Example of a Close Up
Here is a close up of Matilda, the main character of the film.
1. Describe the expression on Matilda's face.
2. What do you think the director has used a close-up shot here?
Example of an Extreme Long Shot
Example of a Long Shot
Example of a Medium Shot
1. What actions are happening around the
characters in this shot?
2. What expressions do the characters have?
A shot in a film is an image or action that is taken in one uninterrupted running of the camera, which usually lasts between five to ten seconds.
Shots are taken from different distances and angles in order to achieve different effects from the film-maker.
1. What does this picture suggest about Miss Trunchbull?
2. Why has the director chosen a long shot to portray this instead of a medium one?
1. How does the director use this kind of
shot to set the scene?
2. What does this shot's appearance suggest
about the school?